Grimesthorpe Part 3

Doing some Ancestry, has anyone heard of Moses St and Clay St,, they may be in the Attercliffe or Bright side areas the way the family is playing out. Just like to see  .

Edited by beezerboy

13 hours ago, beezerboy said:

Doing some Ancestry, has anyone heard of Moses St and Clay St,, they may be in the Attercliffe or Bright side areas the way the family is playing out. Just like to see  .

Clay St ran off Attercliffe Rd & was h next Rd after Newhall Rd going away from town. I can't find any reference to  Moses Rd - could it be a transcription error?

11 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

Clay St was just off Newhall Rd somewhere had relatives down there.. Big family called shepherd's 👍

Thanks guys.

20 hours ago, beezerboy said:

Thanks guys.

Clay Street was where Attercliffe Road became Attercliffe Common.

Hi did any one live near number 4 think it was adsett street bk early 70s as my grandad live at number 4 For a while we think . Francis Roy humpreys tall fella dark hair . I sadly didn’t get to meet him as he passed away back in 75 year before I was born.. I’m trying to find information . Any information greatly appreciated... p.s anyknow david simpkins Robert simpkins. Lived down grimesthorpe back in 60s early70s... thanks 🙏 

Hi gaz which one simmy rob or David ..as I’m David’s eldest lad me dad died 4th feb 2020 pal .... I see our bob now n again. He still working at same factory as wen left school some dedication lol. you know Gary Mitchell / is it Richard haker spelled wrong lol / and  Alex ? 

Edited by Marley1976

Hi all does any one have any old personal photos of streets  they lived in Around grimesthorpe Between 1960-75 ?.. interior shots /street shots ..they would like To post especially sedan street opposite Canada street ect as I’m trying to do some family history ... I would love to see how it was back then .. there’s the archive online but limited to pics it shows .. Any help info pics greatly appreciated thanks 🙏

Yeah yeah that’s the ones do you have any Old pics of times down grimesthorpe.. would luv to see them .. so do you know our Robert more. My pro file pics me dad few years b4 he passed .. thanks for replying bk mate 👍

I have done.. but personal ones are best I think .  Do you remember wot number they lived at on sedan street ?.. I Can remember Vaguely me dad saying about biggish house near corner of carwood road . Not the one standing still today.. 👍..thanks 

Edited by Marley1976