Grimesthorpe Part 3

Well I'm gob smacked, I never knew that.

When we're down Gower street years back , I never realised that ,that was Debbie from Hunsley st how thick am i.

Jenine sends her love.

I'm sure our Cath will remember you both,she's older than me.

I really can't believe that.

I never realised that was Debbie. 

Did you recognize me from grimesthorpe ,when we were down Gower st.

On 05/11/2019 at 22:49, S4 8GG said:

No I didn't Tony until we got talking.I have one daughter Gaynor,5 grandkids not all hers second marriage,one great granddaughter  10 months old.I'll ask our Debs if she remembers you.

On 05/11/2019 at 22:49, S4 8GG said:

Can't recall Cath,but I'm 72 now so could be a big difference in ages.

On 05/11/2019 at 13:48, rf2690 said:

My youngest sister.

Last time i saw her she was in a wheelchair Jane,i knew your Dad had passed away nice man.

Do you remember his first wife who he had 3 kids to then married Jean Hadfield who he lived with at Grimesthorpe and had two kids with?

18 hours ago, jane2008 said:

Do you remember his first wife who he had 3 kids to then married Jean Hadfield who he lived with at Grimesthorpe and had two kids with?

Can't  say I can Jane.

I didn't live there but I got married at St. Thomas' Church,  Holywell Road.        It was  Boxing Day 1974. 

Still happily married 45 years this year.

Hello skippy and does I hope you’re both ok and save from the fires that are around Sidney it looks bad from here you and yours take care

Gday Bygum, the fires are quite a long way from us, we are fortunate to be away from the forest's, so all we are getting is dust from a new housing estate on one side, and a new motorway on the otherside. I don't usually come on here thesedays, I go on the Grimesthorpe thread on Facebook. Hope you ll have a Great Christmas.

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2014 at 20:21, fleetwood said:

I remember the stone steps set into the stone wall on the right hand side of Grimesthorpe Rd looking towards town, they were just situated before the road that led upto the pre-fabs that were there in the early days.

I remember them very well, we lived in the first Prefab just round the corner, the man who kept chickens was David? Prosser and his coup was just beyond the bottom of our garden, further down the first houses on the same side was my pal Steve Gawthorpe ? whose mum worked at Sutherland Rd Baths,  my other pal Steve Taffenders mum also worked at the baths. Happy days but sooo long ago.  Grimey youth club, Francis Butler, Gongie, Snakey, Valerie Howson, Vicky Walshaw, What was her boyfriend "Spud's" proper name, Sheila Hepplestone,  Alan Ainsworth, Terry from Popple St (What was his surname) Susan Brooks, Sid Duty ( his big brother was tragically killed), John Heritage, Theresa across our road, Steve Drabble and his big brother Dave, William Thomas the mad Welshman and his donkey. What was the name of the corner shop on Cyclops St... Swindells ? Endsors was the Grocers on the corner of Cyclops St and Grimesthorpe Rd and Gledhills shop was further up Grimey Rd opposite side to steps in the wall and mid way between Endors and Margate Drive. There was a Dairy just round the corner from Grimey Methodist Chapel that we used to go to from the Youth club and buy frozen Jubblies was it "Friths.... Forths ?".

I've not been on here for years, some of the old posters must have moved on to the "Grimey in the Sky" like my baby brother Philip

Anyone help me with the missing names above

On 30/01/2015 at 12:21, janie-m said:

Grandad, George senior was 89 but you might have gone to school with George junior he's 68.

Hi Janie, hows your pat dugley going on not see her for age, i know she was getting better after

an illness. she was in a wheel chair at that time.  Brian

2 hours ago, brian1941 said:

Hi Janie, hows your pat dugley going on not see her for age, i know she was getting better after

an illness. she was in a wheel chair at that time.  Brian

Is your post aimed at me Brian?  Pat Dudley is my Aunty.  She still needs a wheelchair when out and about.  I will be seeing her on Wednesday for a family funeral.

On 04/01/2020 at 19:25, shooter said:

I remember them very well, we lived in the first Prefab just round the corner, the man who kept chickens was David? Prosser and his coup was just beyond the bottom of our garden, further down the first houses on the same side was my pal Steve Gawthorpe ? whose mum worked at Sutherland Rd Baths,  my other pal Steve Taffenders mum also worked at the baths. Happy days but sooo long ago.  Grimey youth club, Francis Butler, Gongie, Snakey, Valerie Howson, Vicky Walshaw, What was her boyfriend "Spud's" proper name, Sheila Hepplestone,  Alan Ainsworth, Terry from Popple St (What was his surname) Susan Brooks, Sid Duty ( his big brother was tragically killed), John Heritage, Theresa across our road, Steve Drabble and his big brother Dave, William Thomas the mad Welshman and his donkey. What was the name of the corner shop on Cyclops St... Swindells ? Endsors was the Grocers on the corner of Cyclops St and Grimesthorpe Rd and Gledhills shop was further up Grimey Rd opposite side to steps in the wall and mid way between Endors and Margate Drive. There was a Dairy just round the corner from Grimey Methodist Chapel that we used to go to from the Youth club and buy frozen Jubblies was it "Friths.... Forths ?".

I've not been on here for years, some of the old posters must have moved on to the "Grimey in the Sky" like my baby brother Philip

Anyone help me with the missing names above

Hello everybody.  I am one of the people mentioned above. (VH). I lived on the prefabs.  I used the steps at the bottom of Margate Drive to go to Owler Lane Intos School every day. I belonged to the youth club at Grimesthorpe Methodist Church, was on the committee, and was a Sunday School teacher, and Sunday School Queen. Brian Duty was the person who died, he was about 19, I think. He lived just a few doors from me, and died an awful death. John Downward lived on Grimesthorpe Road, not far from the bottom of Margate Drive. -. he married Valerie Duffield, who lived on the prefabs. I used to be on here as Cornish Rose, but I forgot my password..!