Grimesthorpe Part 3

I mean ruthin st

I think you're right gaz, thats the name i was thinking of.

We are mate,and to say it's best part of 50 years and we are all still talking about it, it must have been a special place to us all.

Didn’t Derrick get hit by a car on shircliffe and dyed that was before Vicky death 

3 hours ago, Jean J said:

I was at school with  Pat Dudley she was in the same year as me, as I remember she was a slight blond girl, her dad was a tall chap. I left Botham Street in 1960. 

That sounds like my Aunty Pat and Grandad Bill.

2 hours ago, rf2690 said:

Remember your dad Jane didn't he work on the buses,not seen your Aunt Pat for a long time.I lived on Hunsley St so knew family.

Yes rf2690  my Dad worked on the buses, he was a driver on the 97 route.  Aunty Pat s mobility is not good but she's still alive and kicking.  My Dad died years ago.

15 hours ago, rf2690 said:

Definitely not late 60s i stood on the hill that was the brick yard must have been early 60s.

The Firth  Browns fire happened on saturday 26th July 1969,start of works holiday fortnight.We went to Cleethorpes on the sat morning for our holiday and missed it all.My Father worked there but not in the workshop where it started.The alarm was raised by a guy named Hutchinson,he lived on Botham street, I remember sitting reading the morning paper with my dad on the Monday.

Rf2690 sheila what happened to 

Betty Broomhead and Susan Bullavant they were in my class at Owlerlane in Mr Wilson s class in 1958

Sheila I forgot to ask about your Mary she was also in the 

same class there was two classes in one  Room I don't know why that was 

On 30/10/2019 at 17:49, gaz 786 said:

Debbie Hepplestone just sprang to mind????? Sat next to her on one of Grimey club trips must have been around 10 year old 😂😂😂😂

My youngest sister.

On 30/10/2019 at 19:00, jane2008 said:

That sounds like my Aunty Pat and Grandad Bill.

Yes rf2690  my Dad worked on the buses, he was a driver on the 97 route.  Aunty Pat s mobility is not good but she's still alive and kicking.  My Dad died years ago.

Last time i saw her she was in a wheelchair Jane,i knew your Dad had passed away nice man.

On 31/10/2019 at 07:42, bothamlad said:

The Firth  Browns fire happened on saturday 26th July 1969,start of works holiday fortnight.We went to Cleethorpes on the sat morning for our holiday and missed it all.My Father worked there but not in the workshop where it started.The alarm was raised by a guy named Hutchinson,he lived on Botham street, I remember sitting reading the morning paper with my dad on the Monday.

That must have been Alan,his sister kept the Alexander pub he was the only lad in the family.

On 30/10/2019 at 18:35, Bygum said:

Didn’t Derrick get hit by a car on shircliffe and dyed that was before Vicky death 

Think it was a car crash,got to be 40 odd years ago now,i left Grimesthorpe in 72 and i was still there when it happened.

On 03/11/2019 at 11:15, Bygum said:

Rf2690 sheila what happened to 

Betty Broomhead and Susan Bullavant they were in my class at Owlerlane in Mr Wilson s class in 1958

Don't know Bygum,saw Betty's sister Iris a few weeks ago and never thought to ask.My sister Mary was a good friend of hers.Can't place Susan but know the name.

On 30/10/2019 at 17:58, S4 8GG said:

I mean ruthin st

I think you're right gaz, thats the name i was thinking of.

Tony did you marry Jeanine?

On 03/11/2019 at 13:04, Bygum said:

Sheila I forgot to ask about your Mary she was also in the 

same class there was two classes in one  Room I don't know why that was 

She's ok doesn't get about very well but apart from that she's fine.And you have the advantage on me who are you.

7Hi sheila,Nice to hear from you,me and Jenine got married in 93, we have 1 daughter and 2 grand kids.

Is Debbie (Debbie hepplestone),youre sister.

19 minutes ago, S4 8GG said:

7Hi sheila,Nice to hear from you,me and Jenine got married in 93, we have 1 daughter and 2 grand kids.

19 minutes ago, S4 8GG said:

20 minutes ago, S4 8GG said:

Yes she is Tony,hope your both well give my love to Jenine.