Grimesthorpe Part 3

Sorry to inform you off Brian Gill passing away last weekend aged 72. he lived on Brathay Road in the same house all is life. He was well known in this end of Grimesthorpe and will be sadly missed.

Sorry to inform you off Brian Gill passing away last weekend aged 72. he lived on Brathay Road in the same house all is life. He was well known in this end of Grimesthorpe and will be sadly missed.

I didn't know Brian Gill but, from what you say, he was only a few months younger than me. I lived on Adsetts Street between 1943 and 1957 only half a mile or so from Brathay Road. My condolences to his family and friends.

Peter.

So sorry to hear of the sad death of Brian Gill. He was a key member of our Hinde House school reunion group which has been meeting annually for quite a few years & which instigated the recent 60th anniversary commemorations in October. RIP Brian.

I am so sorry to hear of Brian's passing, I've known Brian since I was about 12 years old, when I joined the Boys Brigade at Wesley Hall, that would be going back to the early '60s.

I think anyone from Birdwell Road end of Grimesthorpe would have known him.

RIP Brian.

was Brian Gill any relation to George Gill from Grimesthorpe, who played guitar in quite a few bands over the years, but passed away about 18 months ago in Germany.

Perhaps mentioned before, but where is 'Grimesthorpe Pump' ?

Perhaps mentioned before, but where is 'Grimesthorpe Pump' ?

it is just at the back of Reform Chapel

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh629/peterlaurence/PetersPhonedownload4thFeb2014023_zps8b3bafdb.jpg

Here's a photo I took with the pump showing about three years ago looking from Upwell Lane towards Upwell Street. The spout is still there out of shot on the other side, the square hole is where the handle would have been years ago. It looked much the same when I saw it a few months ago.

Edited by PeterR

Brian Gill's Funeral will be on Wed. 14th Dec. at Grenoside, North Chapel, 11.45am.

Ill miss you mate.

Brian Gill's Funeral will be on Wed. 14th Dec. at Grenoside, North Chapel, 11.45am.

Ill miss you mate.

Was Brian George Gill's brother ?????

Was Brian George Gill's brother ?????

I don't think so, as far as I know Brian had 2 sisters.

Correct geotom, Brian had two sisters, the youngest one Shirley died earlier this year.