Grimesthorpe Part 3

just out of interest i worked with a dale hindemarsh on carlisle street ? Any relation?

Sorry for the delay, no relation I'm afraid, may be a different spelling, I'm a Hindmarch.

---------- Post added 27-11-2014 at 13:01 ----------

My sentiments entirely Keith. Great News for the local community. I well remember the "Crockery Lift", didn't they used to call them Dumb Waiters. Who did we put in it to surprise them upstairs ? Was it Hindy !

---------- Post added 21-11-2014 at 23:10 ----------

Back Row - David Henstock, Mick Rawson (Walt), Steven Gawthorpe, Tony Atkinson, John Mortimer, Paul Smith , John Hindmarch (Hindy52) , Kevin Christian (Bantambuddy), Keith Ball (Hawkshead Boy),Alan Norton .

Middle Row- Philip Nortcliffe, Paul Haywood, John Simms, Roy Crossey, Cliff Minnis, Mr.Haywood, Steven Hallam, Rodney Greenwood.

Front Row - Andrew Pogson, Neil Smith, David Drury, Gary Parker.

It was definitely 1967, I left BB in 1968.

Yes beloved cousin I was the poor mite you crammed into the dumb waiter, much to your amusement, but I was always destined to go up in the world, sadly that was my summit.

Must agree with Pigeon, the Arms is a sad site to all the old regulars to see the doors

bricked up. Can you remember 3 doors being there ?. Anyone know what is happening

to our old pub.

Must agree with Pigeon, the Arms is a sad site to all the old regulars to see the doors

bricked up. Can you remember 3 doors being there ?. Anyone know what is happening

to our old pub.

I heard that some dossers were squatting upstairs noticed lights on once must have connected to power I reckon it will be demolished before long

Either demolished or converted into flats, like Rising Sun at Brightside.

Either demolished or converted into flats, like Rising Sun at Brightside.

Either way a pub would not do much trade in that area nowadays surprised ball is still open think jack must be subsidesing it !

Either way a pub would not do much trade in that area nowadays surprised ball is still open think jack must be subsidesing it !

Started knocking Tea Gardens down on Grimesthorpe Rd Pigeon,it's been empty for years.Another good pub gone.

Thanks Brian.

mike passed away two week after tess

I passed the 'Arms' yesterday, builders were putting in new windows so could see inside...it's been gutted and it looks like cladding put on the interior walls.. like it's going to be a shop????? We'll have to wait and see.

Started knocking Tea Gardens down on Grimesthorpe Rd Pigeon,it's been empty for years.Another good pub gone.

---------- Post added 05-12-2014 at 12:04 ----------

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/104790896216727717625/albums/6089320350400579969/6089320677351618290?pid=6089320677351618290&oid=104790896216727717625[color="Silv

Edited by brian1941
wORDING

They are making fast progress on ARMS now new doors windows builders all over it cant wait to see how it ends up?

YES AT FIRST IT JUST SOLD TYRES NOW IT SELLS CARS AS WELL THE OUTER WALL DOWN LITTLE LANE IS THE ORIGEONAL WALL ! MAYBE A LISTED BUILDING THEY KNOCKED MOST OF IT DOWN BUT LEFT THAT WALL INTACT:confused:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/104790896216727717625/albums/6090493173400446001

------------------

Hi Pigeon, Hope this picture shows up of the Picturedrome on Upwell St, the Building was

to the story i put on page8 week or so back.

Was taken 1965. Brian.

Edited by brian1941
Wording

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/104790896216727717625/albums/6090493173400446001

------------------

hi pigeon, hope this picture shows up of the picturedrome on upwell st, the building was

to the story i put on page8 week or so back.

Was taken 1965. Brian.

very nice found the picture quite haunting to be honest!