Compressor (?) repair

I need some advice people. The short version is that I have a relatively new Kenwood fridge freezer (30 months) that's stopped working. Called the place where I bought it [long stressful version] and the customer service person seemed to think it was the compressor. Two questions - is it worth getting a compressor fixed independently? Or should i get rid of it? If the vote is to get rid - any options for a man with a van? 

I would always buy new. The company who you buy from should take the old one although they may charge.

We have rentals our pet domestic appliance repairman on both occasions we had fridge fails said not worth repairing,replace

AO are worth a look ,had dealings with them ,wide range and remove old appliances

If the unit was new when you bought it .Irrespective of the the guarantee period which I assume was for 12 months. You still have rights speak to the consumer protection people. If it has failed and its no fault of yours. Then it is obviously a component that was not fit for purpose. The manufacturer is responsible. Give it a try

As IAN says it should be expected to last longer than 30 months, at least 5 years without major component failure. If it's a frost-free type then they have electronic components/circuits that control the heating/freezing cycle which can fail. It's not common for the compressor itself to fail. Sometimes ice build-up around the fan can stop the unit working. I only buy the ordinary fridge freezer- more reliable.

Buy again, don't worry about buying a premium brand as they extra outlay doesn't relate to extended life.