Why Have I Sudenly Lost Some Of My Freeview Channels

Curious as to why this has happened. usually I might loose one or two and I re tune and they return but this time I have lost 15-20  three or 4 days ago and they have not come back include most if not all from 106 (used to be BBC4 ) through to 200

It’s the retune.Our area is crap for free view now only 5 HD channels and some disappear every retune.

Edited by *Wallace*

I'm not on Freeview Channels myself because I'm on VM but I suspect this is because certain channels are now being reorganised to differing channel numbers together same types together with adding +1 hr channels etc ....HD etc....just a thought.

1 hour ago, *Wallace* said:

It’s the retune.Our area is crap for free view now only 5 HD channels and some disappear every retune.

I wonder why retuning should reduce the number of channels.  I've had it, then they return, and I put it down to atmospherics and the weather.  If there is a trend downwards over time, then I would think it must be another issue.  Reduced funding for Freeview infastructure?  Are some wavelengths being affected by 4G or 5G, or are some wavelengths being lost to these?

The provider changes the channel line up all the time,sometimes when I’ve returned I get very few channels I’ve put it down to bad weather the aerial etc and retuned later and it was ok,look on the free view website it will tell you what channels you should get in your area.

There has been a major reorganization of channels throughout the country over a period of time to make way for phones an other digital services.

This is mostly complete in Sheffield  but continues in other parts of the country. So there should be no change since Jan 5th.

There has been a reduction in available channels from Sheffield, particularly HD.

The Emley Moor transmitter is under repair  and is broadcasting from a temporary mast. As we are on the edge of the range of Emley Moor(and Belmont), any slight changes  in reception are magnified eg trees growing, aerial moving, weather, less power from the transmitter.  A cold, clear, windless morning will make for a better 'retune' and some channels will reappear. 

Sticking a big tower crane  called "Hallam Towers" in front of the Sheffield transmitter at Crosspool might affect some out towards Eccleshall etc.

22 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

There has been a major reorganization of channels throughout the country over a period of time to make way for phones an other digital services.

This is mostly complete in Sheffield  but continues in other parts of the country. So there should be no change since Jan 5th.

There has been a reduction in available channels from Sheffield, particularly HD.

The Emley Moor transmitter is under repair  and is broadcasting from a temporary mast. As we are on the edge of the range of Emley Moor(and Belmont), any slight changes  in reception are magnified eg trees growing, aerial moving, weather, less power from the transmitter.  A cold, clear, windless morning will make for a better 'retune' and some channels will reappear. 

Sticking a big tower crane  called "Hallam Towers" in front of the Sheffield transmitter at Crosspool might affect some out towards Eccleshall etc.

The crane is not a good idea, some daft person might mistake it for a hotel !!!

2 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

I am used to the odd bit of poor picture quality and the temporary disappearing of the odd channel.

Unusually though they have not come back.

how long is the repair meant to be taking?

Pre covid my source  said that these channels  were removed and are no longer available in this area-so this list is out of date.

64 FreeSports

70 Quest Red

76 NOW 80s

83 Together TV +1

86 More4+1

87 PBS America +1

96 Forces TV

106 BBC FOUR HD

107 BBC News HD

111 QVC HD

112 QVC Beauty HD

113RT HD

114QUEST HD

205CBeebies HD

No plans to reinstate

The temporary Emley Moor was planned to be up for 5 years-three years ago.

15 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Pre covid my source  said that these channels  were removed and are no longer available in this area-so this list is out of date.

64 FreeSports

70 Quest Red

76 NOW 80s

83 Together TV +1

86 More4+1

87 PBS America +1

96 Forces TV

106 BBC FOUR HD

107 BBC News HD

111 QVC HD

112 QVC Beauty HD

113RT HD

114QUEST HD

205CBeebies HD

No plans to reinstate

The temporary Emley Moor was planned to be up for 5 years-three years ago.

Yup these are the ones I lost but only last week rather than pre covid

25 minutes ago, Bigal1 said:

Yup these are the ones I lost but only last week rather than pre covid

Which transmitter are you using?