The Last Person To Post On This Thread Wins (Part 12)

Hmmm... :huh:

... I just found this open letter pinned to the forum noticeboard - it's for the attention of Mr Padders. :)

Dear Mr Padders

It's not gone unnoticed by 'The Management' that you appear to be selling alcoholic beverages from your little corner (hereon referred to as 'Padders Bar') of Sheffield Forum (hereon referred to as 'The Forum').

Whilst we applaud your entrepreneurial spirit, we feel we may have to remind you that under the terms of your contract with 'The Forum', such activities are strictly not permitted.

However, we accept that these are difficult times for all of us.

So, in light of your popularity, and as a reward for an otherwise unblemished record of services to 'The Forum', we are in this instance inclined to turn a blind-eye to your activities providing you promise to fulfill the following conditions:

(i) You agree to issue an all-inclusive formal invitation to members of 'The Forum' to join in your activities in 'Padders Bar'.

(ii) You agree to make public the opening hours of 'Padders Bar' so that members are aware of when they may pop in for a quick one.

(iii) You agree to tidy up and/or report any mess that may be left behind by visitors to 'Padders Bar' before you retire for the night.

(iv) You continue to run 'Padders Bar' as a 'not for profit' establishment, and maintain your very reasonable prices for alcoholic beverages without requesting any type of financial subsidy from 'The Forum'.

Only if these conditions are met will we allow your activities to continue.

Yours faithfully

'The Management'

38 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... I just found this open letter pinned to the forum noticeboard - it's for the attention of Mr Padders. :)

SHEFFIELD FORUM---------(re letter pinned to the Forum notice board)

PADDERS BAR  (history)

This historic pub started round about July 2020.

It was created for family and friends as a very small, modern, one room pub, I shun all forms of electronic entertainment.

It is based upon good ale and lively banter.

However, due to Covid restrictions, it became very popular over the Christmas period, and remains very much so.

I take your points on board, and will try to answer them to the best of my ability..

1--All members of SF are welcome to join in any activities taking place at PB. (seating is at a premium)

2--Opening hours are, and always have been 9pm-11pm (happy hour under consideration)

3- Very little mess (if any) is rarely left behind by visitor's, any who do are given a verbal warning, non-compliance results in a ban.

4--"Padders Bar" is run as a "not for profit" organization, reasonable prices will be maintained for as long as possible. Rising overheads may result in a small increase, asking for financial help from "Sheffield Forum Coffer's" is not on the cards.

Not only do I keep my prices reasonable, I offer a 10% discount Mon-Thurs for all Forum members.

I do hope this clarifies any reservations that Sheffield Forum may have, and allows me to serve the community with my best intentions.. cheers 🍺.

:D

You tell 'em Matey!

Have you thought about starting a new thread for 'Padders Bar' - you might get a few more customers. :huh:

8 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

:D

You tell 'em Matey!

Have you thought about starting a new thread for 'Padders Bar' - you might get a few more customers. :huh:

A few more customers, no thanks!

Space is very limited, I'm hoping when pubs reopen next week it will take a lot of the pressure of.

But I always enjoy, Thirsty's, Francy's, Jane's, Ruddsie's, and Nikki Red's 😍 company.

8 hours ago, Padders said:

A few more customers, no thanks!

Space is very limited, I'm hoping when pubs reopen next week it will take a lot of the pressure of.

But I always enjoy, Thirsty's, Francy's, Jane's, Ruddsie's, and Nikki Red's 😍 company.

Glad to hear that 

Good evening Sir, coming up.

🍺

Just now, Thirsty Relic said:

Thanks.  Got any packets of salted nuts?

🥜 🥜 🥜

🥜 🥜 🥜

Peanuts, put your own salt on them, saltpot behind bar.

Any thing else young man ?

21 minutes ago, Padders said:

Good evening Sir, coming up.

🍺

I will have a peach water please 

3 minutes ago, rudds1 said:

I will have a peach water please 

No problem Ruddsie, be a few minutes while I sqeeze this peach.