Jump to content

The Last Person To Post On This Thread Wins (Part 12)

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, rudds1 said:

It should be reopen by now.   Question is will we get our invite?

Yes - that's a worry.  I think that the marvelous guy who runs it knows how much his valued customers hold him in such high regard that he'll invite all his previous customers back when he re-opens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Yes - that's a worry.  I think that the marvelous guy who runs it knows how much his valued customers hold him in such high regard that he'll invite all his previous customers back when he re-opens.

Hmmm... :huh:


Have you been having a drop of the old amber nectar on your Weetabix, Mr Thirsty? :roll:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:


Have you been having a drop of the old amber nectar on your Weetabix, Mr Thirsty? :roll:

And a very good morning to you Mr. Bloke........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Padders said:

And a very good morning to you Mr. Bloke........

Hmmm... :huh:

 

Good morning Mr Padders...

 

... I didn't see you there! :hihi:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jane2008 said:

When is the bar re-opening.

Good morning Jane,

I'm sure you are aware of the difficulty's facing us Landlords...

It's no good reopening when I can't get stock delivered, I need at least 2 delivery's a week just to keep Thirsty replenished.

At this moment in time, I've got 20 bottles of Sambuca stuck on a lorry somewhere in Dover...

Also prices are rising sharply, the customers won't be happy about that..EG. Sambuca Cocktail, up from £4-80  to £5-10.

Expect a flood of complaints from a certain customer.

Staff shortages are another problem, the only staff that I can get are rude and ungrateful, especially the cleaner's.

Winter is approaching and heating cost's are going through the roof, do you want to sit in a cold bar waiting for your usual quickie.

When/if the economy gets back to resemble some sort of normality, "Padders Bar" will reopen.

Hope this answers your query.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Padders said:

Good morning Jane,

I'm sure you are aware of the difficulty's facing us Landlords...

It's no good reopening when I can't get stock delivered, I need at least 2 delivery's a week just to keep Thirsty replenished.

At this moment in time, I've got 20 bottles of Sambuca stuck on a lorry somewhere in Dover...

Also prices are rising sharply, the customers won't be happy about that..EG. Sambuca Cocktail, up from £4-80  to £5-10.

Expect a flood of complaints from a certain customer.

Staff shortages are another problem, the only staff that I can get are rude and ungrateful, especially the cleaner's.

Winter is approaching and heating cost's are going through the roof, do you want to sit in a cold bar waiting for your usual quickie.

When/if the economy gets back to resemble some sort of normality, "Padders Bar" will reopen.

Hope this answers your query.

Just supply a few blankets / coats etc. That will keep your customers warm at little cost to yourself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, rudds1 said:

Just supply a few blankets / coats etc. That will keep your customers warm at little cost to yourself. 

Hmmm... :huh:


Maybe we should start a campaign...


... Insulate Padders Bar! :help:

 

Mr Thirsty could cause a bit of disruption by sitting on the Supertram tracks outside the cathedral after knocking back a few cans with the 'locals'.

 

Mr Rudds could form a one-vehicle blockade of the Parkway with his low-loader.

 

Ms Francy could knit us some nice woolly hats with a catchy 'Padders Matters' motif.

 

Mr Padders might even get invited to do an interview on Radio Sheffy... :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:


Maybe we should start a campaign...


... Insulate Padders Bar! :help:

 

Mr Thirsty could cause a bit of disruption by sitting on the Supertram tracks outside the cathedral after knocking back a few cans with the 'locals'.

 

Mr Rudds could form a one-vehicle blockade of the Parkway with his low-loader.

 

Ms Francy could knit us some nice woolly hats with a catchy 'Padders Matters' motif.

 

Mr Padders might even get invited to do an interview on Radio Sheffy... :thumbsup:

and pray do tell what would your part be in this 🤔🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, rudds1 said:

and pray do tell what would your part be in this 🤔🤔

Hmmm... :huh:


... that's a good question, Mr Rudds!

 

Maybe I could be the one who gets to be on Morning Telly...


... being interrogated by that Holly person - I quite like that idea! :heyhey:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:


... that's a good question, Mr Rudds!

 

Maybe I could be the one who gets to be on Morning Telly...


... being interrogated by that Holly person - I quite like that idea! :heyhey:

So you want to be the padders bar spokesperson? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, rudds1 said:

So you want to be the padders bar spokesperson? 

Hmmm... :huh:


... not really, Mr Rudds!

 

It was just an excuse that I came up with off the top of my head, in the hope that it might give me the opportunity to meet such an exceptional practitioner in the field of investigative journalism... :heyhey:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:


Maybe we should start a campaign...


... Insulate Padders Bar! :help:

 

Mr Thirsty could cause a bit of disruption by sitting on the Supertram tracks outside the cathedral after knocking back a few cans with the 'locals'.

 

Mr Rudds could form a one-vehicle blockade of the Parkway with his low-loader.

 

Ms Francy could knit us some nice woolly hats with a catchy 'Padders Matters' motif.

 

Mr Padders might even get invited to do an interview on Radio Sheffy... :thumbsup:

That's a good idea    :thumbsup:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.