Cash MacHines

What is the most money that you can draw out of a cash machine in one go ?

Morning. £250 I think

Thanks for your replies. So do I have to ask my bank what is the maximum I can draw out in one go ?

i can draw £400 out of mine, assuming i had it in the first place.

31 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Thanks for your replies. So do I have to ask my bank what is the maximum I can draw out in one go ?

Or just go to a Cash Machine and try your luck.   If you're hoping for £500, type that amount in.   It'll either give it out or tell you  what your Maximum amount is.

Edited by kevvy

2 hours ago, kevvy said:

Or just go to a Cash Machine and try your luck.   If you're hoping for £500, type that amount in.   It'll either give it out or tell you  what your Maximum amount is.

Thank you.

If I use a Yorkshire bank one it’s £500.  Non Yorkshire bank is £300 

I thought cash was dead!I have cash ,coins and notes,that have been in my pocket for almost a year!🤣

I have vague memories about going to places called "pubs" many months ago, and people looking down their noses at me as I paid for drinks with money as they wafted a piece of plastic in the rough direction of the bar staff and paid by contactless.  I also have memories of the panic in their faces when the Visa system went down, and only cash transactions were accepted.  The next drink when that happened always tasted better!

As cash machines (ATMs) are getting to be an endangered species, perhaps sometime in the near future pubs (those that survive the pandemic) will have to close every time Visa or Mastercard stops working or loses connection to the premises in question.

1 hour ago, dsweetman said:

I thought cash was dead!I have cash ,coins and notes,that have been in my pocket for almost a year!🤣

If I need cash, I have to take my wallet to the Northern General Hospital where they perform Open Wallet Surgery on it.

5 hours ago, pattricia said:

What is the most money that you can draw out of a cash machine in one go ?

That (mostly) depends on your bank and your type of account..

most are £250-300, some are up to £500 daily withdrawal limit..

There are some machines however, that will only allow you to withdraw £100 or £250 or something, so if you haven't met your daily limit, you can go to another machine and get more out...