Pre-Owned Iphone

I’m looking for a re-furnished iPhone 7 or 8. Does anyone know a decent shop that sells them?  Thanks. 

Gluedtopc - there are plenty on eBay, it’s a case of wading through what’s on offer. Check the grades - you will obviously pay more for grade A. My last 6S was a refurb and it’s been excellent. Had to replace the battery last year but it didn’t cost much. The 7 Plus that I recently bought came via eBay. I ended up buying a new one for a similar price to a refurbished 8.

If you do buy from eBay make sure that returns are accepted and check the phone out thoroughly when you receive it. I had to return a previous 7 Plus because it was not as described - it had screen blemishes and marks on the back.  Make sure the phone comes with a warranty. 

The shopping channel Ideal World sell refurb iPhones they do have a return it if your not happy policy so a bit of piece of mind there. Don’t know how their price compares but if you’re not comfortable with eBay it may be an option.

Apple also have a refurbished store. I bought an iPad 2 Air from them and it’s been perfect. 

Edited by Jomie

Many local shops that deal in phones and repairs have a phone number and instructions in their window and can arrange pickup/delivery for sales and repairs.

They are only closed to "walk  in" business and still function in all other respects.

I recently did this and was offered a choice of new and second hand phones with transfer of number etc.

They also picked up and returned a laptop that needed some attention.

I am not aware of any breach of Covid rules.

Support your local business!

Good point Annie Bynol - I was just thinking the same thing. 

Edited by Jomie

Look on GiffGaff they do refurbished iphones.

I used a company called Grade Mobiles https://grademobile.co.uk/  and was very happy with the service as well as the product.

I would worry about many of the second hand phone shops myself - I did look at some and would prefer to use a company like this (pay be credit card)

On 08/02/2021 at 11:51, Bigal1 said:

I used a company called Grade Mobiles https://grademobile.co.uk/  and was very happy with the service as well as the product.

I would worry about many of the second hand phone shops myself - I did look at some and would prefer to use a company like this (pay be credit card)

Thanks for the link. I’ve bought an iPhone 6 Plus from them and it works fine and it really looks brand new. Would have prefer a 7or 8 version for IOS 13 really but my wife doesn’t really need it. Cheers.