Tyson Fury V Anthony Joshua

3 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

Oh well, this one didn't go quite to plan- although it got close.

Now we've got Fury v Wilder III and AJ possibly fighting Usayk.

No way was Fury going to pay Wilder step aside money, so he'd rather go for 3rd fight.

I can understand AJ  and his management team frustration on this- not least the public who wanted this to happen.

Could all go topsy-turvy if Wilder somehow beats Fury, and the troublesome Usayk beats AJ on points.

I'm gutted about this. Ive been saying since the end of the 2nd Wilder fight that a 3rd won't happen. 

I mean, why would wilder want another kicking in a fight he can't possibly win? 

Looks like cash is King and that's the only reason. Fury v AJ will happen but I'm peeved it isn't happening as soon as we all thought. 

Yeah I’m gutted too really wanted this fight to happen.....

Can’t understand why Wilder wants to be embarrassed again....

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

I'm gutted about this. Ive been saying since the end of the 2nd Wilder fight that a 3rd won't happen. 

I mean, why would wilder want another kicking in a fight he can't possibly win? 

Looks like cash is King and that's the only reason. Fury v AJ will happen but I'm peeved it isn't happening as soon as we all thought. 

Agree.

Only thing I can think of is Wilder felt left out, especially as he lost so convincingly in 2nd fight and all the noise (and $$$) was around AJ/ Fury.

So, gets the fight blocked, get another shot to regain WBC but more importantly,  another pay day.

Totally called it

On 05/02/2021 at 10:42, geared said:

Fury/Wilder and Joshua/Usyk would actually be really good warmup fights this summer, ahead of the big clash by Christmas time.

AJ already had his lesson on complacency from Ruiz, so I dont' think he'll let his guard down against Usyk.  I don't think Usyk has enough experience at heavyweight to really challenge for the title, he looked poor against Witherspoon and didn't have to put in much effort against Chisora who faded pretty bad from the middle rounds.

Against someone wiht both stamina and strength, he's really in for a tough night.

I hope Wilder's new trainer has worked some magic, he's been poor for years and really needs to get back to basics to rebuild himself.  Otherwise it's just going to be a re-run of last time.

19 hours ago, Box11 said:

Yeah I’m gutted too really wanted this fight to happen.....

Can’t understand why Wilder wants to be embarrassed again....

Maybe wilder feels if he wears lighter suit for his walk in hell have better luck lol

17 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

Agree.

Only thing I can think of is Wilder felt left out, especially as he lost so convincingly in 2nd fight and all the noise (and $$$) was around AJ/ Fury.

So, gets the fight blocked, get another shot to regain WBC but more importantly,  another pay day.

Yup got to agree. This really must be the only reason. Hell I'd happily get my face beaten to a pulp for all those millions. 

If Fury wants it now , if he is still up for the training , he would win with one hand tied behind his back .

This should finally put an end to him swanning around Watford and Brixton like he's a prince amongst men. He's more like a busted  flush now.

23 hours ago, cuttsie said:

If Fury wants it now , if he is still up for the training , he would win with one hand tied behind his back .

Yeah he would school him good and proper !!!!...

Anthony is not a fighting man at all he can’t even throw his punches properly there is a old saying in boxing “you get gym fighters and ring fighters I’ll let you guess what Anthony is !!!!....

22 hours ago, HumbleNarrator said:

This should finally put an end to him swanning around Watford and Brixton like he's a prince amongst men. He's more like a busted  flush now.

Yeah I agree totally !!!!....

He really needs to stop all the PR work and get back to basics and get some boxing skills !!!!....

I have never rated him in the first place he is too cut for a boxer that’s why he can’t get his shots off properly and that’s also why he’s got no stamina !!!!....

Never liked Joshua,thinks he’s British and plays on it then has a tattoo of Africa on his arm.

I see Khan is playing the race game now.

On 27/09/2021 at 16:42, ukdobby said:

Never liked Joshua,thinks he’s British and plays on it then has a tattoo of Africa on his arm.

I see Khan is playing the race game now.

AJ is British and I don't see why someone can't have a symbol of their 'homeland' expressed as a tattoo.

The great Ali spoke many a times of his 'people in Africa'  and other references to his roots, despite being American.

Anyway, going to the fight v Usayk- that was embarrassing for him. AJ got schooled and has lost that aggression he had earlier on in his career.

Any rematch will have the same result- I think fighting Fury would be a disaster for him too.

He should seriously consider retirement or re- invent himself by joining a reputable trainer.

If AJ is British then surely Britain is his homeland.