Its A Sin.

I haven’t seen this programme about aids and HIV but my friend tells me it’s very good. I think the second part will be on again soon , so I would like to watch it. The reason is, my friend and I were state registered nurses at the time that aids first came out. We did a stint in A&E and young men were coming in with the first sign of aids and hiv. We didn’t know much about it, but I can remember that the nurses in A&E were even afraid to touch anyone showing symptoms. This was later found that you can only catch these with sexual contact. 
Did anyone see this programme ? Is it worth watching the second part. As it happened I worked with many gay male nurses who were excellent at their jobs and very kind to the patients.

I’ve got two episodes copied in a folder I think but not watched yet. Heard good reviews of it . I set it to copy after seeing the lead actor young guy on Graham Norton he came across very well and quite funny.

Not seen it yet, but people i know have said its really really good and they cried, i believe its by the same writer that did queer as folk back in the day? enjoyed that so

It’s a fantastic series, funny, poignant, sad. Really well written and brilliantly acted.

Its very graphic, especially the first two episodes, but it couldn’t portray that whole scene without being really.

I ugly cried at the last episode, heartbreaking.

It is written by Russell T Davis, he did write Queer as Folk but is probably more famous for Doctor Who.

Edited by nikki-red

I've been watching it.

It is like watching part of my personal history being dramatised.

The episodes dealing with HIV disease break my heart and has me in floods of tears.

My partner and I  lost five friends to ,Kaposi's Sarcoma, Toxoplasmosis and PCP (now called PCJ_) at the height of that pandemic

Even though we didn't know  what was causing those dreadful opportunistic infection. We nursed and supported our friends right up until the point of  them dying.

The discovery of the retrovirus (HIV) and the development of Pro-tease Inhibitors  produced the Lazarus Effect, and saved many gay men from dreadful OI's.

The dramatised early days of  AIDs appear harrowing.But the reality

was worse. I know it was. I was there.

But,hey ho ! Gay life is not all about illness, narcissism and promiscuity. Many of us have ,happy,

loving and healthy lives.

I shall watch it right to the end. With a sharp eye for any continuity errors.

Note for Pattricia. I shall never forget the loving and dedicated

care and nursing that my partner- Brinley -received, during the time he spent in the Mildmay Hospital in Shoreditch.

Note:

Thirty-three million people have died of Aids across the globe. It's not gone away.

The french 2017 drama "120BPM " is worth watching.

Stay safe and well during this Cov-19  pandemic  you all.

Edited by petemcewan

6 hours ago, petemcewan said:

I've been watching it.

The episodes dealing with HIV disease break my heart and has me in floods of tears.

My partner and I  lost five friends to ,Kaposi's Sarcoma, Toxoplasmosis and PCP (now called PCJ_) at the height of that pandemic

Even though we didn't know  what was causing those dreadful opportunistic infection. We nursed and supported our friends right up until the point of  them dying.

The discovery of the retrovirus (HIV) and the development of Pro-tease Inhibitors  produced the Lazarus Effect, and saved many gay men from dreadful OI's.

But,hey ho ! Gay life is not all about illness, narcissism and promiscuity. Many of us have ,happy,

care and nursing that my partner- Brinley -received, during the time he spent in the Mildmay Hospital in Shoreditch.

Note:

Thirty-three million people have died of Aids across the globe. It's not gone away.

Thank you for your post. It’s very uplifting. Nurses and doctors don’t get many thanks.

16 hours ago, petemcewan said:

I've been watching it.

Note:

sorry for your losses :(

A few weeks ago on facebook we were sharing Patrick Cowley music and talking about early dance music. somebody asked what he was doing now as you dont see him mentioned. Sadly he was one of the early victims of Aids / HIV and died in 1982

Melthebell,

Thank you.

Spot on with Patrick Cowley.

I hope you don't think this presumptuous of me. But I've put this on

for you. HI-NRG back in the day. This track was global. I danced to this-sometimes on roller skates.

Was this the start of The Terence Higgins Trust ?

17 hours ago, petemcewan said:

Melthebell,

Thank you.

Spot on with Patrick Cowley.

I hope you don't think this presumptuous of me. But I've put this on

for you. HI-NRG back in the day. This track was global. I danced to this-sometimes on roller skates.

He did some awesome mixes, i can barely stand up on roller / ice skates so dancing would be out of the question lol

3 hours ago, pattricia said:

Was this the start of The Terence Higgins Trust ?

1982 as well according to this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrence_Higgins_Trust

after Terry Higgins, who died aged 37 on 4 July 1982 at St Thomas' Hospital, London. He was among the first people in the UK known to have died from the AIDS virus, which was only identified the previous year.