Afc Bournmouth V Sheffield Wednesday

Well I never, another unexpected result. Rhodes should be given an extended run in the team, he's the only goalscorer we have at the minute, even though he's never looked like one for us. The table is looking much healthier now, still dubius as to wether we can get out of it but we have a fighting chance now.

Edited by NERVY-OWL

3 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Well I never, another unexpected result. Rhodes should be given an extended run in the team, he's the only goalscorer we have at the minute, even though he's never looked like one for us. The table is looking much healthier now, still dubius as to wether we can get out of it but we have a fighting chance now.

An unexpected SHEFFIELD DOUBLE tonight, cant remember the last one

We're looking a bit more like a team now.

Again, more 'dynamic' as in more balls played forward, rather than tippy tappy nonsense.

Apart from a rash 'un from Hutch, we defended well, passed fairly well, and looked for a more incisive break through when we could.

Nice bit of play down the right hand side, great cross from Harris, fine header from Rhodes.

See lads?   Decent football's not that difficult is it?

Well done tonight. Surprised a lot of people.

Great win against a good side, Hutch was having a great game up until giving away the penalty but the winning goal was a thing of beauty, the battle is on.

You cannot ask for more than the team gave tonight,  Against a team up there challenging for promotion, but who are are on a  poor run by there standards. Let that be the benchmark for the rest of the season and our place in the league will be assured. Well done Owls.

12 hours ago, Padders said:

Well, one small step for Sheffield Wednesday,

One giant leap for Bassett. :hihi:.

Ha ha hahhahahhahhha.... ☺️

all down to one man  jordan the man,all he needed was belief and to feel wanted,lets hope he proves me right,might as well give tomo the job for a while and see as well,

7 minutes ago, bassett one said:

all down to one man  jordan the man,all he needed was belief and to feel wanted,lets hope he proves me right,might as well give tomo the job for a while and see as well,

Makes you wonder, since they sacked TP results have improved.

I've often wondered if managers are overrated .

Keep the status quo, and see how it goes.

3 hours ago, Padders said:

Makes you wonder, since they sacked TP results have improved.

I've often wondered if managers are overrated .

Keep the status quo, and see how it goes.

Agreed. I think give it till end of season then evaluate then. I wouldn't hand him the job yet, we've been down that road too many times with caretaker managers not performing once they get the job.

If he keeps us up then he's worked a miracle, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Great win,thought the cherries tended to overplay and dither in MF,we struggle when sides get the ball forward quickly and tend to sit deep,but they gave us the time to get at them,Pelupessy was brilliant first half alas he faded quickly after HT.

Nice to see JR get the winning goal,hes worked hard when he been introduced,holds the ball well and finds space,but hasnt had the luck at times,so pleased for him.

Hard to pick a standout,thought they all did their bit,but Tom Lees really looked solid and had some tough battles,came out on top and had a superb game 

17 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Great win,thought the cherries tended to overplay and dither in MF,we struggle when sides get the ball forward quickly and tend to sit deep,but they gave us the time to get at them,Pelupessy was brilliant first half alas he faded quickly after HT.

Nice to see JR get the winning goal,hes worked hard when he been introduced,holds the ball well and finds space,but hasnt had the luck at times,so pleased for him.

Hard to pick a standout,thought they all did their bit,but Tom Lees really looked solid and had some tough battles,came out on top and had a superb game 

I watched the second half and don't think Wednesday played too bad but as far as Tom Lees is concerned wasn't he the one rolling about play acting wen the ball hit him?.

On 04/02/2021 at 19:20, Alextopman said:

I watched the second half and don't think Wednesday played too bad but as far as Tom Lees is concerned wasn't he the one rolling about play acting wen the ball hit him?.

To be fair it was struck well hard,think it winded him.

Ive given him loads of stick over the years,Im not a big admirer of any of our defenders to be honest think there all bang average,far cry from Loovens and Sasso.So its only fair to give them credit when theyve had a decent game.