Prostate Problem

Evening lads.

Like many of you out there I have a Prostate problem.

I keep seeing ads for ProstaGenix, anyone used it ?

In the USA it is listed as a dietary supplement so I would assume its basically about as good as taking extra vitamins and minerals. In fact if you look at the ingredients that all it seems to be!

Active Ingredients  Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol)

Active Ingredients Iodine (as Potassium Iodide)

Active Ingredients Zinc (as Zinc Oxide)

Active Ingredients Selenium (as Amino Acid Chelate)

Active Ingredients Copper (as Copper Amino Acid Chelate)

Active Ingredients Manganese (as Amino Acid Chelate)

Active Ingredients Chromium (as Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate)

Active Ingredients Molybdenum (as Amino Acid Chelate)

Active Ingredients Beta Sitosterol

Active Ingredients Campesterol

Active Ingredients Stigmasterol

Active Ingredients Brassicasterol

Active Ingredients Grape Seed Extract

Active Ingredients Pomegranate Extract

Active Ingredients Quercetin

I take a one a day A-Z multi vitamin and mineral tablet which was recommended by my doctor and it has more in the way of vitamins and minerals than this and only costs £2.75 for 90 from Wilko rather than the £39.00 for 90 on  eBay for ProstaGenix.

In nearly all the reviews from users I have just read they say to avoid it as it does not work, so look at the reviews and save some money.

Edited by apelike

49 minutes ago, Runningman said:

Evening lads.

Like many of you out there I have a Prostate problem.

I keep seeing ads for ProstaGenix, anyone used it ?

What's the doc's advice?

1 hour ago, enntee said:

What's the doc's advice?

I have yet to ask

Looking at apelike's post, doesn't appear to be of any benefit

10 hours ago, Runningman said:

I have yet to ask

Looking at apelike's post, doesn't appear to be of any benefit

There are so many new  medical treatments out now for this condition,I would ask your GP.

47 minutes ago, pattricia said:

There are so many new  medical treatments out now for this condition,I would ask your GP.. B

Been  to docs if youre above3and a half they send you to hospital.  i was 4 so sent hospital   was told lots people who go go are 50 plus and generally advice seems to be leave it alone / But  yes see your doctor dot worry to much seems every one has it at 60 years of age

19 minutes ago, spider1 said:

Been  to docs if youre above3and a half they send you to hospital.  i was 4 so sent hospital   was told lots people who go go are 50 plus and generally advice seems to be leave it alone / But  yes see your doctor dot worry to much seems every one has it at 60 years of age

Yes, it’s very common in men of that age group.

Edited by pattricia

2 hours ago, spider1 said:

Interesting. I was tested only 3 months ago not because of problems but just routine after a nasty UTI and my rating? was 3.6. the Doctor said that was perfectly normal and healthy and they only get worried if its 5+.

Edited by apelike

Hi all and thanks for your replies.

I am waiting for an appointment for a biopsy at Chesterfield after an MRI scan showed something on my Prostate

My latest PSA reading was 3.4

2 hours ago, Runningman said:

Hi all and thanks for your replies.

I am waiting for an appointment for a biopsy at Chesterfield after an MRI scan showed something on my Prostate

My latest PSA reading was 3.4

I hope you will let us know how you go on.

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

I hope you will let us know how you go on.

Will do pattricia, thanks for that ! 

PSA is not the be all and end all of prostate issues, so if you've got a flow problem please do go back to your doctor and ask for a referral for a flow test.

You could have benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) which is a simple overgrowth of the prostate gland and is NOT related to prostate cancer, and you can have a degree of BPH with only a tiny raise in your PSA levels. 

You could have prostatitis (also not related to prostate cancer) with only a small raise of you PSA levels. 

Either of these could really be affecting your life but not really show in huge PSA levels, particularly if your personal anatomy means that your bladder capacity is affected by the inflammation, but there is medication to help with flow, medication to treat any inflammation and there are also surgical options for both.  If you have either of these then no supplement will help you anything like as much as a set of tests to actually identify the issue and the best of the NHS, whether that's antibiotics or tamsulosin. 

Please consult your GP, or return and ask for a full explanation of why you aren't being referred with ongoing symptoms.