Carbrook School

Hi all, Just found the forum and thought i would introduce myself.My name is Steve and I lived at 531 Attercliffe Common next door to the Shell petrol station,i went to Carbrook C of E from 1963 to1969,I remember Mr Cornflakes, Miss Beale, Mrs Sprigfield.Some of my classmates were Bob Cheatham,Geoffrey Neal,Lawrence Marriott,Richard Mayo, Gary Broughton,Dave Roebuck,Ian Goodrum,Michelle Zinelli,Marie Bainse,Dale Parkin.Some of the people I used to hang around with were Jill Withem,Pete Bycroft,Malcolm (Musty) Ali, Ian Kemp,

Edited by Stevieb1959

if I remember wright Howard was in my class at school

Hello Robert 63.i was also in Howard rothwells class.i am Craig mayo.

Hi Damkina,

I lived in Clement St with my mum and dad and Albert Rawson from Century St from was their best man. My mum and dad would have been in their 90's plus now. I just wondered if this Albert would be a great grandfather of yours?

Does any1 remember my grandad Ken jenkins he went to carbrook CE school in 1961

---------- Post added 12-03-2015 at 20:11 ----------

hi les i think i got it wrong its john bower who lives near me but his nickname was always lew fred green is on a thread for carbrook school askin for old friends to get in touch i think it would be dennis pike you know i bumped into him a couple of years ago we lived at the bottom of luton street n my friends were dennis otter n frank n george schofield roger houlston les marriott kieth socket n the stansby brothers pleased you are keeping well take care

I think john bower was in my grandads class. Keneth jenkins. Does that name ring a bell ? I'm going to my grandad this tomorrow.

---------- Post added 12-03-2015 at 20:20 ----------

Hi, my name is Curt Mellows, I went to carbrook c of e between 61 and 68. I lived on Mons St and can remember some of my schoolmates - 'pondy' oneill, neil jenkins, stephen north, john? tandy susan allsop, carol simpson, bridgett beaumont, kev? tummend. other names i recall are trevor mitchel, aiden collins, colin marriot. i remember the head mr cornthwaite and also mr hughes who used to throw stuff at us!!:):hihi:

Hi curt Neil jenkins is my uncle. Also his brother Ken jenkins is my grandad. Do you see any of them ?

i remember lots of names mentioned in the thread.Hi (Runner)how are all the family.Can anyone tell me the date of the next re-union.Not been for many years. the only ones i am in touch with are Jim Stansbie and Jean Humphrey.would love to catch up.

I all I went to carbrook c&e 1965 all my family went there my brother John sisters Jackie pat 

Edited by kempy

Im one of the kemps jacks son all my sisters and brother went there

Hi it's Joan Swain again not been on site for along time and no-one else seems to have either are any of you old Carbrook Cof E guys out there I remember Joan Peacock - Sandra Blakemore - Gail Senior- Sandra Stacey - Susan Goodwin - Linda Norman -Wendy Smith - linda Fox I have a class photo from 1958 my 1st year at school - - Miss Hetherington was the teacher the above mentioned are all on it -boys were Ernest Carr - Billy Otter- twins who I think where called Reardon I think there was also Melvin Pickersgill - other names will come back to me at some point

hello joan  linda norman  is my sister we both go to the re-unions at the noose and gibbet 

(broughton lane ) next one 5th june 12 30 --- 3 3o  hope you are keeping well xx

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 23:48, joaniej said:

Hi it's Joan Swain again not been on site for along time and no-one else seems to have either are any of you old Carbrook Cof E guys out there I remember Joan Peacock - Sandra Blakemore - Gail Senior- Sandra Stacey - Susan Goodwin - Linda Norman -Wendy Smith - linda Fox I have a class photo from 1958 my 1st year at school - - Miss Hetherington was the teacher the above mentioned are all on it -boys were Ernest Carr - Billy Otter- twins who I think where called Reardon I think there was also Melvin Pickersgill - other names will come back to me at some point

hi joan I went to c of e left in 1959 remember some the names the teacher you mean I think woud Edgerton and the twins were the searson boys jonny and and tommy one of them drowned in the canal cant remember wich one I also remember carol swain Sandra catlyn  Christine Beaumont eieen martin many others 

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2006 at 13:43, Joan Swain said:

Hi my name was Joan Swain I lived @ 152 Weedon Street I also went to Carbrook Cof E school I remember Mr Cornthwaite - Miss Hetherington was my first teacher in 1958 - also remember Miss Crocker - I was very friendly with the Lynn Rodgers who lived in next yard - Willetts family lived next door at 1 side Mary Allott lived at other side of use - also remember Carol & Jean Humphries who lived on carbrook Street - anyone remember Rothwell's newsagents also on carbrook St

Happy Day

Did you know A  CHRISTINE HALL  who lived on Carbrook street in the sixties .

Hi I’m John Gleadall, born in 1951. My sister was Susan Gleadall (1945)  and we both attended Carbrook C of E until 1960 when we moved to Hampshire..
I have enjoyed reading this thread. I remember many of the teachers names but only David Kay’s name and the Kissack family name are familiar to me now. 
someof you may remember Gleadall’s tobacconist at 673 Attercliffe Common - in fact there have been several references to the tobacconist and I’m pretty sure you are referring to Dad’s shop.

many thanks for an entertaining half hour!