Carbrook School

did you go to carbrook school between 1966 to 1971

hi jewls29 i went to carbrook school i left in about 1968 went to hatfield house lane school left there in 1972 to start work i was born in oct 1956

hi fred

im dave kay i think i remember you from bright street my aunt edna lived a couple of doors from you. i think you were about 3 years older than me. i still see jimmy stansbie if you remember him. glyn hepworth was the lad who drowned also albert hilton went the same way in the canal.

i was brought up on bright street i remember albert hilton getting drowned also one of the searson twins also drownedi the canal i lived at the co opend of bright street

carole swain is my sister who are you
i was in same class as carole other names i can recall sandra katlin eileen murphy eileen martin christine harpham elsie moss to name but afew im afraid age is getting to me i think asurname of kissak

sorry only just joined and saw your message me and my sister went to carbrook school carole and joan swain - i would love a pic of the school if you still have 1

If you want a photo of the school please email me at [email protected]

and I will email you one also might have got an old photo of your sister. (class photo)

i dont remember many people at all from that time,but d o you remember carol and erik kirton

hi i was in the same class as a carol kirton also blanche sockett steven whittacker barbara laszinsky len hilton johnny and cath bonnet my mum has a school photo somewhere with us all on. Mr bishop and miss edgerton with her cane Excalibur were some of the teachers at that time,along with the head cornthwaite,who stood in front of the entire school and told us all that father christmas didn't exist as we broke up for the xmas holidays must have been a hundred heartbroken kids that day !!!!!! and people like him are held up as great educators:mad: I was known as bobby shaw by kids in class. thanks for the nudge to my memory!

hi i was in the same class as a carol kirton also blanche sockett steven whittacker barbara laszinsky len hilton johnny and cath bonnet my mum has a school photo somewhere with us all on. Mr bishop and miss edgerton with her cane Excalibur were some of the teachers at that time,along with the head cornthwaite,who stood in front of the entire school and told us all that father christmas didn't exist as we broke up for the xmas holidays must have been a hundred heartbroken kids that day !!!!!! and people like him are held up as great educators:mad: I was known as bobby shaw by kids in class. thanks for the nudge to my memory!

i was in mr bishop class and miss edgerton i also remember miss sanderson mr glen and of course mr corthwaite i remember the sockett and the hitons i think sandsa hilton and dorothy sockett billy socket come to mind but there were many more j

hi juliediane wow keith skelton now thats a name I havent heard for a very long time the last time I heard of keith I must have been 15 years old, my aunty ada and uncle jack would know keith very well and my aunty linda,janet,and val would know him very well too. I bet keith can remember johnny goodrum he use to live at the top of dunlop street in the same yard as my aunty and uncle heres one for you I need some help on this one what did they call them who had the shop at the side of the chippy and I dont mean old man street fruit and veg shop. the one that was at the side of the pheniox chip shop I can still see the chippy now and a gang of us sat on the wall across the road. juliediane if you can find out when the reunion is at the carbrook hall I will see if I can get down to it what you might not know is I am moving to scotland hopefully sometime this year there is another way round it I could meet up with you and keith on one saturday but I dont drink alcohol I use too but It got out of hand wont bore you with the details. if the reunion is before june or july then I would be able to make it but after I will be doing my new job in scotland. I bet keith would know my old mate billy otter ask him if he knew the beaumonts who lived on short street and dave and judy banks.
hello i ve just seen my grans shop mentioned at the side of pheonix's chippy -Shaws my grandad was the grumpy old bloke along with Streety on weedon st.I met the future president of egypt when i was about 7 outside the shop,he was at sheffield university and actually married a local lass -at the time it was a bit of a shock /disgusting marrying a foreigner! lots of gossip etc. does anyone remember

dennis mollott, haythornes,the flower twins, dave ridge , rod bannister from around askern street area?

Can anyone let me know if Carbrook County School at the top of Janson Street is still standing - someone said it is now a pub. Is Coleridge Road School still there or been demolished.

I attended both but have not been to Sheffield for the last 30 years I have lived overseas in Paraguay since 1970.

coleridge boys school has been demolished some years now, the girls school is still standing but a company owns it now.

Does anyone remember a Christine Hall who used to live on carbrook street.?

coleridge boys school has been demolished some years now, the girls school is still standing but a company owns it now.

Does anyone remember a Christine Hall who used to live on carbrook street.?

hi did she have a sister called yvonne