Carbrook School

I am 61 my dad had a shop on bright street his name was Alf Martin he married a woman called Annie Mansell my step-mother and she was wicked I lived with my aunt kate on yarmouth street.

used to live in same yard as Doreen see if she remembers Keyworths and Wilks

i remember a freddie keyworth he went around with one of my brother

i remember a freddie keyworth he went around with one of my brother
hi i remember all of them doreen and i are still friends i lived on bright street across road from the wildonsalso the fiddlers and the pearces

I have got a photo of Carbrook Church Of England School if anyone wants one just pm and I will email it too them.

i used to love the jubblys from that shop

i have five brothers derrick,alan,brian,paul,andrew and we used to live on dunlop street next to margaret myers

What was your second name. Margaret Myers was in the year above me. I was in her cousins class Alan Dibo. I have got a class pic with her in.

What was your second name. Margaret Myers was in the year above me. I was in her cousins class Alan Dibo. I have got a class pic with her in.

ingram is my surname

ingram is my surname

Sorry to have to say that carbrook c of e was no where near Bright Street , the main gates was on Dunlop Street, Infants + Juniors was on Albert Street and the Services gates was on Carbrook Street.

what was your hubbys name bluebird 62

hi fred

im dave kay i think i remember you from bright street my aunt edna lived a couple of doors from you. i think you were about 3 years older than me. i still see jimmy stansbie if you remember him. glyn hepworth was the lad who drowned also albert hilton went the same way in the canal.

Plain Talker

Is Carbrook Cof E school the same school as "Carbrook School" (Now the players cafe) that stands (stood) between Terry street (and Carbrook Rec) and Carltonville Road, on't 'cliffe?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi Plain Talker.

No, these are entirly different schools. carbrook C of E, the main gates was on Dunlop Street, Infants + Juniors was on Albert Street and the Services gates was on Carbrook Street.

the other school you mentioned is called CARBROOK BOARD SCHOOL was on Attercliffe common which run adjacent to Terry Street, and the back of Carbrook school faced Terry Street Park.

where there was a bowling green, tennis courts, a football pitch,and a nursery for pre school children. in latter life of the school, it was used as a youth club and a night school, after which it became derelict. the girls and infants was demolished to leave the boys school which became the players cafe. The part of the demolished school bacame a carpark for the sheffield arena as it now stands today.

my mother went there also and she says that she and others had to walk to maltby road school for cooking lessons as there was no facilities at carbrook board school . My husband, went to carbrook c of e and they used the board school as a youth club. on their home they would call at Toms drink shop.

hi plain talker

just wanted to know if ya mum n dad knew the beresfords in the chip shop next to the school. carltonville rd fish n chip shop was my mum and dads. david and betty beresford. with 5 daughters. just woundered if they remembered them.

My husband Rod Bonnett from 17 Luton Street - He remembers David Mitchell - he thinks you were a year above him the same age as alan piper

say hello to your hubby he knew our family the ingrams do you work in tesco