Carbrook School

Which Carbrook School? If you mean the one at the top of Janson St me and my brothers and sisters attended during the years 1958 and 1963. Our names are Steve, Jean Sue Alan and Angela Suckley.

Dont remember the name of Miss Sanderson. I do recall Miss Renshaw; Mrs Dobson: Mrs Featherstone; Mr Wilde. Mrs Tucker; Miss Middleton; Miss Carr; Miss Valentine.

There are 2 threads you might find useful - anyone from attercliffe and anyone from carbrook.

I think Miss Carr was the headmistress. Miss Renshaw's first name was Beryll.

Think Mrs Gillett was a teacher there , she used to take rounders. I remember Miss Wilson too - it was her first teaching post.

yes she certainly made a whoosh when the stick came down i must admit i liked mr bishop

I received the cane from Miss Renshaw in 1954 and it still stings.

I received the cane from Miss Renshaw in 1954 and it still stings.
miss sanderson was at the scool on dunlop street head teacher mr cornthwaite often called cornflakes by most of the kids

Can anyone let me know if Carbrook County School at the top of Janson Street is still standing - someone said it is now a pub. Is Coleridge Road School still there or been demolished.

I attended both but have not been to Sheffield for the last 30 years I have lived overseas in Paraguay since 1970.

my mum went to carbrook school then i think to phillimore road school, her name was carol walmsley then, she has 2 sisters patricia (pat) and marilyn, i am not sure when she went though, she is 64 now

Phillimore and Carbrook County both attended Coleridge Rd Sec' Mod at 11 years of age.

Remember lots of fights on the ' tip ' to get the pecking order from the two schools.

my mum went to carbrook school then i think to phillimore road school, her name was carol walmsley then, she has 2 sisters patricia (pat) and marilyn, i am not sure when she went though, she is 64 now

hi she must have been there same time as me i am also 64 but i can t recall the name its such along time ago the memory not working well

Did anyone used to go in the recreation ground ' reck ' and use the tennis courts.

There were two entrances one from Terry Street and another near the park - keepers entrance.

hi,my name is fred willis went to carbrook c of e started school in 1954 or 1955 in the infants till we where moved to park house at tinsley,in same year has me where billy maw,brent collins,ronald moorwood.susan smith,sally hepworth,and a lot more but there names at this moment in time i can not recall,see there faces but not names.fred

hi sally hepworth is my antey she married my mums brother cedric stuart ...my mum is paulien and thay was denis and malcom stuart my nan and grandad owed the chippy on attercliffe common back yard was on mons street

I was in the year above you my name was Ann Martin. I was in the same class as Sally sister Ann Hepworth.

My mother went to Carbrook School, though a bit earlier than this. Joan Peacock was her name. She also has a sister Hilda, brothers Malcolm, George and Geoff. I forget the name of the street...there was an old joiners workshop on the corner and it met Broughton Lane near the Bird in Hand. It may have begun with 'M' and ran opposite to Raven something street. The Twiggs lived in the same yard. Any help would be a help to but some names together, it holds good memories for me

i remember the twiggs sheila was my age

im 56 but ur name does ring a bell sort of

do you know the ingrams