Carbrook School

She lived near the bend on carbrook st. opposite the wier head. She had a friend called Janet, who lived next door but one.I don't tnink she had a sister.

my mum went to carbrook school then i think to phillimore road school, her name was carol walmsley then, she has 2 sisters patricia (pat) and marilyn, i am not sure when she went though, she is 64 now

I knew a carol walmsley, did she have blond hair and did she live on the road at the back of the school, did she know Josie Marriott.

I remember Christine Hall she was in the year above me at Carbrook Church of England School making her 63 years old and she had a friend called Glenis Fothergill I would love to hear from them my maiden name was Ann Martin.

I remember Christine Hall she was in the year above me at Carbrook Church of England School making her 63 years old and she had a friend called Glenis Fothergill I would love to hear from them my maiden name was Ann Martin.

I would also like to here from them.

I lived on coleridge rd,and we used to knock about together, about 7 or 8 of us.i have been trying to find them for ages , but without any luck.

I know how you feel I have wanted to get in touch with a couple of my old school pals Alice Smith and Ann Kelsey.

do any of you remember the Monks - frank , irene, janet and dorothy.all went to Carbrook School but frank went on to City Grammer irene , janet (with ginger hair) and dorothy went to Coleridge Road School. sadly frank died in a motorbike accident and irene passed away some years ago.

Sorry I cant recall that name from Carbrook Church of England School on Dunlop Street. I have got a couple of pics of the old school which i will email to anyone who wants one. They will just have to private message me with their email address.

Yipes I can remember being scared my the wrath of Man Wilde. Felt his version of whacko, a cane he called Gerald Bone, many times across the hands. Some of the teachers I admired in later years, names of Denby, Renshaw,Middleton (h/m ), Carr (h/m),

Deakin, Wilde,Renshaw who I thought quite sexy and a looker in my childhood way but a strange nose. Plus I think a canadian teacher McTavish.

Also Castles and Alleys.

Great area to be brought up especially playing in the old bombed buildings

Brother were Alan, Albert and Ken, all still regulars at the Lane. Remember Maureen having a bad accident when a car door hit her in the face.

hi i remember all of them doreen and i are still friends i lived on bright street across road from the wildonsalso the fiddlers and the pearces[/QU

doreen is my nannan xx sadly she passed away in march ;-( how do you know her? Any funny stories to share??

Edited by ejm84