Ebay, Getting Paid By Paypal May No Longer Be An Option Soon.

EBay have already started to roll out the idea for sellers to receive payment direct in to their bank account, and bypassing PayPal. 

The percentage they take from sellers has increased in respect of this.

Not everyone will be happy with these changes. I think this may deter some sellers. Apparently, many people already use Facebook market place as an alternative for example.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/11/ebay-axes-paypal-sellers-bank-accounts-upping-fees/

Paypal wasn't always compulsory; before something like 2005 paying a seller direct was the normal process.

I wouldn't buy anything online now unless it's via PayPal, the buyer protection against rubbish sellers and products is worth its weight in gold!

I totally agree with you Pyro about the good protection provided by PP. 

I would still use a card online, but only when PP is not one of the payment options.

HATE cate cards on line alwaye use pay pal 

Thanks for the heads up Janus , you've got me worried as I always use PayPal for the same reasons others have given

there has been options for the buyer for some time now on ebay for buyers to choose,some were automatic requests from the buyer through paypal instead of instant payments via paypal.

What irks me is the 2 day delay in receiving payment. 

With Paypal it's in the account almost instantly so I then go and dispatch the item. Now they want you to wait to get paid but if you're offering next day delivery you're going to get poor feedback and maybe even accounts closed because I certainly won't be dispatching until I have the funds cleared.

4 hours ago, Resident said:

With Paypal it's in the account almost instantly so I then go and dispatch the item. Now they want you to wait to get paid but if you're offering next day delivery you're going to get poor feedback and maybe even accounts closed because I certainly won't be dispatching until I have the funds cleared.

Shouldn't be a problem, @Resident - you just state in all your listing 'I always despatch on the working day following cleared payment' as a good friend of mine does.

Edited by RollingJ

4 hours ago, Resident said:

You can also set this to be longer like once a week. 

I have been forced to use the new system for purchases on ebay, and then been invited to give feedback.

Boy, have I given them feedback.....

I thought Paypal was an ebay company.  Don't understand why they would change things.  It's only recently that Paypal Credit has been added as an option for some purchases.  If this is right I think ebay are making a big mistake.