Sheffield Wednesday V Preston North End

3 points are all that matters in their fight for Championship survival.

Much improved Wednesday today from the shambles at Coventry.Far from convincing,the deficiencies are glaring,the covid outbreak wont have helped,players will tire far quicker,but theres a distinct lack of movement and support at the top end.

Preston used the ball far better,and players on the ball had way more options than there wednesday counterparts,Reach in CM is never a good idea,hes not had one good game in that position and beggers belief why any manager would stick him there when hes the best crosser of a ball at the club........PNE had decent chances but wasted them,we looked far more alert when Windass came on,with the better movement came more options.

Very pleased to see Kachunga get a rare start,although his movement wasnt great hes set up the goal and will score in central striking position.

On 29/01/2021 at 08:00, ALAN 58 said:

I was fully behind the Rhodes signing, going on his past record he could and should have been the final piece in the jigsaw, how wrong i was. The jigsaw is now in the bin has far as i,m concerned.  As for the PNE game who know,s   unbeaten in the last four games against them, which counts for nothing . We need wins, how we get them  i don,t care lets just get this season over and regroup, whether it be in championship or league one.  I,m totally one peed off Owl.

Alan, didn't the Owls lose at Preston earlier in the season.

3 minutes ago, St Petre said:

Alan, didn't the Owls lose at Preston earlier in the season.

Yep, they lost 1-0.

My mistake SP, it was previous to that. Stay safe over there.

I thought it was a much improved performance. We were a lot more dynamic (don't read to much in to the word dynamic). We played less tippy tappy, more passes were more offensive, and we had lots more pass and move, and showed a real desire to score. NA'THEN, WE SCOOORED!! And from open play an'all. We don't get carried away, but I saw great improvement.