Sheffield Wednesday V Preston North End

well a home game,what happens now,its got to be a win,nothing less will do,will it?

If we can't beat Coventry we've no chance against these. Happy to be surprised but not holding my breath

after seeing some of the playground football we played last night,how come we dont play rhodes,he cost millions,helped norwich to promotion,but cannot even make our squad?

I didn't watch so I can't say what chances we created but Rhodes isn't the answer, he's no better than Marriott these days. Need to find a way to get more goals though somehow.

On 28/01/2021 at 10:52, NERVY-OWL said:

I didn't watch so I can't say what chances we created but Rhodes isn't the answer, he's no better than Marriott these days. Need to find a way to get more goals though somehow.

I was fully behind the Rhodes signing, going on his past record he could and should have been the final piece in the jigsaw, how wrong i was. The jigsaw is now in the bin has far as i,m concerned.  As for the PNE game who know,s   unbeaten in the last four games against them, which counts for nothing . We need wins, how we get them  i don,t care lets just get this season over and regroup, whether it be in championship or league one.  I,m totally one peed off Owl.

35 minutes ago, ALAN 58 said:

I was fully behind the Rhodes signing, going on his past record he could and should have been the final piece in the jigsaw, how wrong i was. The jigsaw is now in the bin has far as i,m concerned.  As for the PNE game who know,s   unbeaten in the last four games against them, which counts for nothing . We need wins, how we get them  i don,t care lets just get this season over and regroup, whether it be in championship or league one.  I,m totally one peed off Owl.

I was on the fence with the signing but wish you had been right about it. We'll probably end up beating these now, it's the Wednesday way. It's all a mess though and even if by some miracle we stay up I don't see how things can change next season

the problem i have is,everyone says rhodes is no good,so we let him go to norwich ,he scored 10 goals and they said what a great player,he comes back to us and hes no good,somethings wrong,i would give him a few games,but i think when he goes elsewhere he will score,i bet if we could do a deal and we went down he would have goals galore in league 1,and his wages dont count against us with any players,pre signed before relegation,anyway lets hope we do well against preston,i think rhodes is a ideal squad person.

Only see another loss !!

We need three goalkeepers. Yes 3.  A Centre half. A left back.

I've gone off Reach. Harris is all bluster. Pelupessy has had enough chances. Luongo needs to stay off the treatment bench, other than that, I think he can cut it. Hutchinson for his drive and enthusiasm  if nowt else.  Bannan needs to be more offensive, and needs to stop his 2 metre tippy tappy passes. At the moment, we're stuck for strikers. Paterson's no striker. I'm not sure he'd make a right back either. Top scorer with 4 goals says it all. I'd put Rhodes in for a run of 10 games, and play the way HE wants to be supplied. I'd partner him with Windass and give them a run, with Nuhiu on the bench to come on and stir things up. Oh .......... That option's gone. We need a big presence up front, but someone who can play, and can give us 15 goals a season (at least). 

What we HAVE to do, is stop appointing managers who seriously split the supporters, like Pulis (2nd only to Bruce) and Monk. Chansiri should maybe listen to the fans, read the boards and use their choices as his shortlist. My choice is, Jokanovic, very strongly and Paul Cook as 2nd choice. NO ONE ELSE!!!!

Today's game.

Preston, anything between 1 and three, and again, I can only see our new name popping up again:

Sheffield Wednesday Nil.

Hope to God I'm wrong.

I rue the loss of our recent squad. Kieran Lee. Wallace even. Hooper. Plenty more. All gone so certain, under par leaders can 'make their presence felt'

We're dropping like a stone.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

I've been predicting the outcome of football games for about 60yrs now,

My success rate is about 1% (slightly better than Bassetts).

So take this with a pinch of salt.

Owls 2   - Preston 0.

Things just seem to be going from bad to worse. I read earlier according to reports that Celtic have agreed personal terms with Sheffield Wednesday’s Liam Shaw in line for a move to Parkhead next summer.

Celtic make breakthrough in hope of striking Sheffield Wednesday transfer agreement | Football League World

So if it is true it  looks like Wednesday will  lose another rising player for a poor fee.

Edited by iansheff

7 minutes ago, iansheff said:

Things just seem to be going from bad to worse. I read earlier according to reports that Celtic have agreed personal terms with Sheffield Wednesday’s Liam Shaw in line for a move to Parkhead next summer.

Celtic make breakthrough in hope of striking Sheffield Wednesday transfer agreement | Football League World

So if it is true it  looks like Wednesday will  lose another rising player for a poor fee.

I read earlier talk were going well with Wednesday so probably best leaving that until something happens, either way 😬.

You'll be pleased to know hotty we could have that Crewe left back in by end of Monday if reports are correct, hopefully a decent signing but be typical to them lose a good prospect aswell