Hotmail Problem Today

Noticed that I haven’t had any Hotmail messages today. (iPhone 6). Looking at the Hotmail screen a small message says “updated at 02.04-1 I sent message. Account Error:Hotmail. Details ...”.   When I click on Details it says Cannot Get Mail   The connection to the server failed.   The Same Hotmail account is ok on my iPad and my gmail account is ok on both devices. I haven’t altered any settings. WIFI is ok on both devices. Any ideas anyone?  Thanks. 

try re-setting it up... remove the account from the iPhone (make sure you have a copy of the emails on there saved first) then re-add it..

and/or try clearing all cache/cookies for the browser and email app (if/where possible)

Been a while since I used an iPhone, and even longer since I used hotmail (I thought it was killed off a few years back, and changed to "live mail" tbh)

Thanks for that and sorry for my late reply. The problem fixed itself overnight so I didn’t need to reset it or anything. Thanks again.