Premier League Haircuts.

and my defence is that  they are in a suppport bubble and tested more frequently and therefore are behaving more safely than the general public - where its proven hairdressers have remained open and had member sof the general public as clients.

14 minutes ago, willman said:

and my defence is that  they are in a suppport bubble and tested more frequently and therefore are behaving more safely than the general public - where its proven hairdressers have remained open and had member sof the general public as clients.

Hairdressers have been shut for a month.  Hairdressers aren't allowed to work at the moment.  You can't defend the indefensible, especially when they've actually come out & admitted they've broken the current regulations. 

"A barber to the stars has called a Premier League ace an "idiot" for sharing a photo of an illegal haircut.

Tom Baxter cut Newcastle United forward Joelinton's hair on Friday. The Brazilian footballer then posted an image of the encounter on Instagram.

The celebrity stylist said it was obvious many footballers were getting professional cuts done, adding that if "I didn't do it someone else would".

He does, however, accept he "is not above the law" regarding Covid rules."

Edited by Baron99

22 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Hairdressers have been shut for a month.  Hairdressers aren't allowed to work at the moment.  You can't defend the indefensible, especially when they've actually come out & admitted they've broken the current regulations.

Quite right Baron.  Now if you really want to stop things like this happening, you need to enforce some kind of punishment that fits the crime and is effective.  FIne the barber and impose whatever you can on him, but don't forget the footballer.

These highly-paid role-models are flouting the Covid rules with impunity.  They keep being seen at illegal parties and get-togethers, yet still play a few days later.  I don't know what the answer is, but I do know that people see them ignoring the rules, and then do the same.  The Club can't ban them from playing for a few weeks as it would hurt the club.  They can't fine them more than their contracts allow, and Police fines will make no impact of the wallets of these millionaires anyway. 

Ideas please to the Clubs, the FA and the Government!

why should they be treated differently to the hairdresser who remained open through all the lockdowns and refused the police to enter her shop ?  Who had to be stopped from reopening on Jan 9th by a police presence.

Theyre no better and no worse than anyone else as role models,theyre just paid more and obviously better at football.