England Cricket Tour Of Sri Lanka And India

5 hours ago, pss60 said:

England all out for 81 and India need 49 to win.

17 wickets falling in one day, and the test over in two days, honourable mention for Root.....the bowler must be his first ever test 5for!

I dont like to harp on about the wickets in India,but the wickets in Sri Lanka werent dust bowls,they held up for 4 days, it was an even contest and we saw some brilliant cricket,while this track wasnt quite Chennai were great lumps came up on day one, should Joe Root who averages 47 for his bowling, be taking 5 wickets for just 8 runs? This is the shortest test match for 85 years and lasted a mere 140 overs and seamers took just two of the 30 wickets to fall went to seam bowlers.They prepare some outstanding IPL pitches that suit all formats and dont fall to bits on the day.

This isnt a great advert for test cricket in my eyes.

6 hours ago, staninoodle said:

I dont like to harp on about the wickets in India,but the wickets in Sri Lanka werent dust bowls,they held up for 4 days, it was an even contest and we saw some brilliant cricket,while this track wasnt quite Chennai were great lumps came up on day one, should Joe Root who averages 47 for his bowling, be taking 5 wickets for just 8 runs? This is the shortest test match for 85 years and lasted a mere 140 overs and seamers took just two of the 30 wickets to fall went to seam bowlers.They prepare some outstanding IPL pitches that suit all formats and dont fall to bits on the day.

This isnt a great advert for test cricket in my eyes.

Its not ideal. It will get to a point where players won't want to go there - or even play test cricket.  And you just know the next time India come over here the test series will be in April with an inch of grass on wickets (we need the points after all) and Anderson or Broad or woakes will bowl them out for very little. 

There always used to be home advantage but this is getting daft. In world cups, the ICC dictate how pitches should be prepared. If points for a test championship are on the line, they need to get involved.

India 294 for 7 in the fourth test and have a lead of 89. England have an awful lot to do. Pant got 101.

You cant  help but think  ECB have got their selections for these two tests @ Ahmedabad totally wrong 4 seamers on a dirt track and now India gives a top with a tinge of green on it and we play two seamers?

England played some awfull shots on the first day,playing for spin when it didnt spin,big gaps between  bat and pad,it was woefull to watch and the reason they didnt make 300 plus.

Then today, Bess droped and now brought back ,low on confidence,struggled for length,Root then bowls Stokes into the ground,brings on Anderson before the new ball,then chucks the new cherry to an exhausted Stokes,and Pant,whose a player I really enjoy watching,just took the game away from England,assisted by Sundar.

Poor show allround from England.

Hmm, England have lost by an innings and 25 runs.

2 hours ago, pss60 said:

Hmm, England have lost by an innings and 25 runs.

Got 15 more runs than i thought theyd get.

Glad that series is over, hope we don't go back any time soon.

I'm not taking anything away from India, they absolutely deserved the win but their pitches are always appalling - tests should be 5 days not 2/3 and the pitches should reflect that.

Once again, England fail to play high quality spin and lose the game and series 3-1 and an innings plus defeat. India predictably made light of our spinners,Root looked the one to turn it the most today.

Tough series,India often is and for better sides than England,no pitch complaints this time,decent pitch,turned much sharper today held together well

India come here in August which may make it interesting as our pitches will take a bit of turn by then,and we may well have spectators back as well so hopefully I can get to some of the games.

Have to say well played to India,theyve really eclipsed us,Id hoped we may draw the series,but we didnt lay a glove on them from the start of the 2nd test onwards,they had total control.Looking forward to august already,hopefully I will have thawed out by then after a very cold english winter.

Best wishes to all

Batting awfull,why stick with Crawley?

7 hours ago, ukdobby said:

Batting awfull,why stick with Crawley?

And bring in who? Top 3 has been a work in progress since Strauss left. Selection has been awful - bairestow has been "rested" but has been smacking a white ball around for fun. I'm not saying he'd have faired much better than bracey with the bat (taking in the change from white ball to red ball battimg) but he's be better with the gloves, you might as will stick cymbals on braceys gloves. No spinner? Twice? Root bowled 13 overs yesterday - day 2. Do silverwood and root trust leach or Bess? I'm not convinced they do, and after India I'm not sure I blame them. Yes, we are missing stokes and butler, but NZ were missing 3 or 4 first choice players.

We can call it a side in transition but its all over the place. India and the Aussies are going to give us quite a spanking.

I'd play the 50 over team,they couldn't do worse could they?