Electric Razors.

Anyone recommend a good electric razor.  My latest (£50 reduced from £100) from a well known High St. shop

is useless and I regularly resort to a wet shave.  My granddad had a rotary Phillishave which lasted him for years

but I cannot seem to find one that gives me a decent shave.

I’ve researched shavers you will find one person says X is the best and another who says Y is the best then it turns out there are lots in between. I’ve replaced my ancient Phillips 3 head rotary with a nice new one that looks virtually the same but it isn’t anywhere near as good as the old one it replaced. I only went for the new one because replacement cutters were a fiver cheaper than the new shaver but it may have been the way to go.

I have a Braun bought in 1985 with the rectangular, domed head. With 2 or 3 days growth it works nearly as well as a wet shave, but when the beard gets longer it's ineffective. Perhaps it's due new blades!

Don't use Electric razors, they can damage the environment, 

A recent seismic survey found they can cause Earthquakes and Volcanic activity.

Imagine 1 million blokes getting up in the morning and having a shave.

The vibrations from all these shavers must put tremendous pressure on the Earths crust, resulting in untold damage beneath our feet.

59 minutes ago, Padders said:

Don't use Electric razors, they can damage the environment, 

A recent seismic survey found they can cause Earthquakes and Volcanic activity.

Imagine 1 million blokes getting up in the morning and having a shave.

The vibrations from all these shavers must put tremendous pressure on the Earths crust, resulting in untold damage beneath our feet.

I disagree most strongly. Wet shaves significantly lower the water level in our reservoirs, put unnecessary pressure on already dwindling stocks of soap, and endanger the badger population.

Have you looked at one of those Philips OneBlade things?

It's like an electric razor but you can wet shave with it too.

I managed to bag one from Amazon for around £25 and have been reasonably impressed for the price.

Looks like the more environmentally aware should disavow shaving all together (not sure I'd fancy the wife with a bushy beard) and just take a pair of scissors to excess growth.

Consider the wildlife benefits also , lots of habitat for creatures to populate.

26 minutes ago, Thorpist said:

Looks like the more environmentally aware should disavow shaving all together (not sure I'd fancy the wife with a bushy beard) and just take a pair of scissors to excess growth.

Consider the wildlife benefits also , lots of habitat for creatures to populate.

Not shaving my reduce the population, which is the greatest thing anyone can do for the planet.

5 hours ago, mikeG said:

Anyone recommend a good electric razor.  My latest (£50 reduced from £100) from a well known High St. shop

is useless and I regularly resort to a wet shave.  My granddad had a rotary Phillishave which lasted him for years

but I cannot seem to find one that gives me a decent shave.

I use a Braun series 3 waterproof wet and dry foil shaver that does the trick. Just remember to change the foil after around 18 months and it as good as new again, not keen on the rotary ones though.