28 Days Of Gratitude

This February we want to celebrate the people of Sheffield and send out a little gift on behalf of the Forum!

We’re looking for nominations of people or organisations who deserve recognition for going the extra-mile, or have otherwise had a positive effect on individuals or the community.

Every day in February we will send a box of chocolates with a note – all you need to do is:

-          Comment below with who you would like to nominate for the chocolates with the reason why they are nominated.

-          If your nomination is selected, we will private message to confirm the recipients address

-          On the note we will add your Sheffield Forum username (or your real name if you want to send this when sending us the address) and the reason they are nominated so they know who has thought of them for the treat

-          Nominated good deed can have been anytime in the last year and the nominee doesn’t have to be a Sheffield Forum member

-          We will only use the address of the nomination to send the chocolates to, these will not be stored and will be deleted after

-          To be Covid secure, we won’t hand deliver any of the parcels

Every day one recipient will be chosen by Forum staff, and we let you know when it has been sent so get your nominations in below!

Any questions please comment below – we will start sending the parcels out daily on 1 February, but please keep the nominations coming as we will choose on the day where we are sending! 🙂

What a fantastic idea! :thumbsup:

I'd like to nominate one of our very own SF members who always makes me (and I'm sure a lot of others) giggle... it's Mr Padders! :banana:

I've no idea who he really is though so I obviously don't know his address, but I think he was feeling particularly low over Christmas but still managed to keep everyone amused in I'm Bored. He also says he voted for my Christmas logo entry so it'd be really nice if I could return the favour! ;)

I think we really need to acknowledge a few of our members who still try to keep everyone's spirits up when most people on here these days just seem to want to moan and complain. We used to have a few members who you could look forward to reading their posts - where have they all gone? :huh:

Anyway, even if he's not thought worthy of a box of chockies I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank him for his efforts in cheering us all up. :clap:

what a lovely response, thank you so much - first nomination! :)

We’ll be picking nominations at random every day from the 1st so if Mr Padder's comes up we’ll get in touch to sort the address!

15 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

What a fantastic idea! :thumbsup:

I'd like to nominate one of our very own SF members who always makes me (and I'm sure a lot of others) giggle... it's Mr Padders! :banana:

I've no idea who he really is though so I obviously don't know his address, but I think he was feeling particularly low over Christmas but still managed to keep everyone amused in I'm Bored. He also says he voted for my Christmas logo entry so it'd be really nice if I could return the favour! ;)

I think we really need to acknowledge a few of our members who still try to keep everyone's spirits up when most people on here these days just seem to want to moan and complain. We used to have a few members who you could look forward to reading their posts - where have they all gone? :huh:

Anyway, even if he's not thought worthy of a box of chockies I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank him for his efforts in cheering us all up. :clap:

How very kind of you Mr Bloke.

The cheque's in the post.

I too would like to nominate Padders.

He always makes me laugh and his  'Virtual Padders Bar '  kept all our spirits topped up over Christmas and New Year.         Cheers Padders !     :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, francypants said:

I too would like to nominate Padders.

He always makes me laugh and his  'Virtual Padders Bar '  kept all our spirits topped up over Christmas and New Year.         Cheers Padders !     :thumbsup:

Oh Francy, your so nice, Fanks,

You are 99% an angel,  It's the other 1% that concerns me.

23 minutes ago, Padders said:

Oh Francy, your so nice, Fanks,

You are 99% an angel,  It's the other 1% that concerns me.

😇 😇 😇  👹

Ha! Ha! Ha!  my halo does slip a bit sometimes.     🤣   

I would like to nominate Gary Chamberlain the 'head' of HOWWL (Helping Oughtibridge, Worrall, Wharncliffe & Wadsley Park Locals). HOWWL have wonderful volunteers that support the pre-mentioned areas with food parcels among other things if people are self-isolating, unable to get out due to shielding). Gary has, with a couple of others, set up quite a network that continues to grow. Their FB can be found here.

How about our very own NHS hero  NIKKI RED.

Can't imagine the pressure she has been under these last 12 months.

I'm sure she would appreciate a gesture like this.

I'll even deliver them personally.

I would also like to nominate Nikki red.  Working for in the NHS must be horrendous now add to that a family and still finding time to be a mod and helping people on here.

Aww thank you both that’s so lovely, really not deserved tho.
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals employ 18000 staff altogether, so I dare say there’s a fair few of us on here!

Its been awful for pretty much everyone, I personally feel lucky that I’ve been able to work all year, I’m actually isolating as we speak and going stir crazy! 

You’ve made my day 😊

Edited by nikki-red

I’m going to nominate Becky B. It sounds to me after reading her post on, When This Is Over,  she could do with something to cheer her up and what’s better than a box of chocolates.