What Or Who Do You Like ?

6 hours ago, cressida said:

TK Maxx - bought the most gorgeous deep red, white fur-lined jacket for Xmas.

Poor Elmo was killed just so you can have a deep red "Fur" lined jacket 

Murderer 😜

get-rekt-boi-elmo.gif

• Haha 2

My pink Xmas tree arrived, only ordered yesterday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cd1ddxl9407o

A photography exhibition has recorded some of the last surviving former miners at three collieries.

Last Man Standing is on show at Easington Social Welfare Centre in County Durham.

North East photographer and gallery owner Russell Smith said the project was born from a chance conversation about the many miners who had died young.

"When you've got guys passing away at 50, 35, or 60, we've got an ever diminishing pool of experience and stories," he said.

Mr Smith said woman who visited one of his galleries sent him an old NCB (National Coal Board) donkey jacket and a letter detailing her miner father's death at 50.

This inspired him to create a community project, as part of an MA at the Northern School of Art, looking at the remaining miners from the Blackhall, Horden and Easington collieries in East Durham, which closed in the 80s and early 90s.

Edited by cressida

53 minutes ago, cressida said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cd1ddxl9407o

A photography exhibition has recorded some of the last surviving former miners at three coalfields.

Last Man Standing is on show at Easington Social Welfare Centre in County Durham.

North East photographer and gallery owner Russell Smith said the project was born from a chance conversation about the many miners who had died young.

"When you've got guys passing away at 50, 35, or 60, we've got an ever diminishing pool of experience and stories," he said.

Mr Smith said woman who visited one of his galleries sent him an old NCB (National Coal Board) donkey jacket and a letter detailing her miner father's death at 50.

This inspired him to create a community project, as part of an MA at the Northern School of Art, looking at the remaining miners from the Blackhall, Horden and Easington collieries in East Durham, which closed in the 80s and early 90s.

The first sentence Cressida should end with the word collieries not coalfields.

All three pits mentioned were very close together and situated in the Durham coalfield.

After leaving college I spent the first 8 years of my working life in administration in the Yorkshire coalfield and have fond memories of the men and communities who I worked alongside.

Very pleased someone is recording not only a visual record of these folks but also the stories of their time working in the industry so that they are there for future generations to see and read.

echo.

• Like 1

Birthday lunches,  went to the White Barn in Cheshire,  then on to Northwich.

Listened to my playlist,  going out for lunch.

Edited by cressida

5 hours ago, cressida said:

Listened to my playlist,  going out for lunch.

You love eating out Cressida. Where have you been today?

echo.