4th Round Cup Match Blades

Can we defeat 'The Pilgrims'

I think we will and get some confidence in scoring with confidence  3-0 I think

I must say I'm not really bothered about the score or result, as the most important thing is to stay in the Premier League.  To that end, it's the manager's call. 

Will he put this "usual" side out, hoping for a confidence booster, no injuries, and hope they don't get too tired for the forthcoming matches?

Will he rest his first 11 so they are fresh for forthcoming games, and put squad players and youngsters in to give them a game and see who is ready to be involved when needed?

Chris will know who needs a rest, who needs game time as they are rusty, who needs game time to sharpen up after a Covid or injury layoff, and so on.  My guess?  Half the usual suspects and a few squad players and a youngster or 2 as starters, and a mixture on the bench.

A shock win, a giant killing act, not going to happen.

Plymouth to win  2-0.

Maybe the minnows will get a goal.

Blades were not very good.  Simple.

We just managed to scrape through to be honest.   

Just seen Ramsdale's incompetence in diving over the shot for Plymouth's equaliser.

Then he starts to remonstrate with his defence.  Confidence crisis.

8 minutes ago, steved32 said:

Just seen Ramsdale's incompetence in diving over the shot for Plymouth's equaliser.

To be fair to Ramdale, Plymouth's player should have been shut down or someone should have got a block in. 

Edited by Baron99

44 minutes ago, steved32 said:

Equalier ??

7 hours ago, cmonkes said:

First and foremost, for those who forgot...the blades are free to watch on the BBC Red button service, or iPlayer for the smart TV / online.

First half was easy enough for us really, all in all it was quite a dominant performance as you would expect. So far we have bossed possession, have had the majority of play, have created ample chances and Plymouth haven't really done much outside their own half of the pitch.

Brewster looks lively, but could really do with hitting the back of the net! He needs some form and confidence to take back into the league. Sharp is just Sharp, a handful, experienced, causing problems.

Should be 3-0 at half time to be fair. Missed a couple of clear cut chances and had what in my opinion was a stone wall penalty ruled out by VAR..

Bashams goal was a good cross and a decent header.

Expect a couple more goals please blades...we are bossing things and need that clinical edge!

Answering my half time request...the Blades make it 2-0 straight after the break.

Billy plays the line brilliantly and runs through the centre, onto a nice through ball. He rides the defenders challenge, rounds the keeper and pops it away from an angle on the left. 

The Captain is having a quality game, desperate to get in that PL starting XI....one assist and a goal will definitely help!

Just now, barry-333 said:

Billy needs to be on the teamsheet EVERY game,  he has an eye for scoring. Top man and not at the end of his career yet

3 hours ago, barry-333 said:

Billy needs to be on the teamsheet EVERY game,  he has an eye for scoring. Top man and not at the end of his career yet

I agree....

Sharp, brilliant.

Brewster, unlucky.

How was that NOT a stonewall penalty? I have given up trying to guess which way VAR will go.

Ramsdale... yes he should have stopped that, but the ball was given away multiple times in the 30s before... and.... before people start on about how much he cost, have a look at the Luton goal today vs Chelsea... how much was that fella?

Basham, consistently one of the best players.

Ampadu, great game..