Wild Swimming Hollow Meadows

I will be walking that way will keep my eyes open,maybe a very rare bird not usually seen in this country,

On 22/01/2021 at 11:52, old tup said:

Every day my daughter and husband walk their dog over the dam at Hollow Meadows,the other day they got the shock of their lives!.On the return journey this day walking along they noticed a female compleately in the nude exiting the water without a care in the world,then further out was a man also in the buff swimming along in the freezing cold water!.It seems a group of wild swimmers have decided to move there from another location that does not suit their needs,now I am broad minded and are not bothered by this but what about if someone has children walking with them what then?.Has anybody got an opinion onthis?.

Disgusting and offensive, should not be allowed..

Surely it's not much to ask them to wear a pair of swim shorts.

Reminds me of that other oddball "The Naked Rambler"

3 hours ago, Padders said:

My Word! A Penis!!!
/me clutches at pearls.

If it's that cold, there's not going to be much to see anyway

Edited by soopah

10 hours ago, Padders said:

Well, it's a valid point, why do you have to be naked to enjoy a swim ?  Aside from that do you want naked people swimming around in your drinking water ? 

28 minutes ago, Elmambo said:

Well, it's a valid point, why do you have to be naked to enjoy a swim ?  Aside from that do you want naked people swimming around in your drinking water ? 

I'm not bothered about 'em being naked in the water, I'd be more bothered about 'em dropping kids off while they're in there. But it all gets filtered and chlorinated anyways...

52 minutes ago, Elmambo said:

A few naked people in  hill streams miles upstream from the water treatment woks is no risk compared to the threat posed by hundreds of dogs allowed by their owners into our drinking water reservoirs.

15 hours ago, Elmambo said:

Well, it's a valid point, why do you have to be naked to enjoy a swim ?  

It really enhances the whole natural experience.  Don't knock it until you've tried it.

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

It really enhances the whole natural experience.  Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Please don't encourage people Alky.

You could start a National trend, it wouldn't stop at Wild Swimming, as the warmer weather approaches nudity could become very popular.

Nude refuse collectors,

Postmen in the buff,

Bus drivers slinging their uniforms,

Shop assistants shedding their garments.

Not for me Pal.....COVER UP.

On 25/01/2021 at 20:25, Elmambo said:

Everyone's naked underneath their clothes.  Makes no odds in water, it's going to be washing round the underneathy bits anyway.