The Drifters Sheffield City Hall 2022

The veteran vocal harmony group will be celebrating over 60 years of The Drifters at Sheffield City Hall on Sunday 17 April 2022, rescheduled from Friday 11 June 2021. The Drifters are the longest-running singing group in pop history still performing live, having enjoyed over 50 hits world-wide.

Performing all the hits ‘Saturday Night At the Movies’, ’You’re More Than a Number’, ’Come on Over to My Place’, ’Up On the Roof’, ‘Under the Board Walk’, ’Kissin in the Back Row’, ’Save the Last Dance for Me’, ’Down on the Beach’, ‘Stand By Me’, ’Like Sister and Brother’ and many, many more.

The Legendary group have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, performed for the President of The United States and are listed among the greatest artists of all time by Rolling Stone magazine.
No other vocal group has achieved as much success artistically or commercially as The Drifters and they remain among the best-selling acts of all time.

140257903_721257335261715_74954817494336

The Drifters are like Triggers brush same one for ever just 6 new heads and 4 new handles.

i think theres little chance of this new date going ahead,but hope i am wrong as we need live music,but we need to live,so its a balancing act.

1 hour ago, *Wallace* said:

The Drifters are like Triggers brush same one for ever just 6 new heads and 4 new handles.

What a brilliant way to put it. I had been thinking along the same lines, but  this is a classic. True of so many 60's and 70's bands where the drummer's second cousin had a coffee one night with the aunt of one of the roadies :)

Edited by silverglade5

3 hours ago, CaptainSwing said:

Reminds me of the old Mark Radcliffe anecdote.

He once met someone who had been in a latter day line-up of Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich: "I naturally enquired, 'So, which one were you then?' to which he replied 'Dunno.  I never asked.'  He later admitted that he was pretty sure he wasn't Dave Dee."

Nice one Captain! 🤣

i seen them several times,the last time in bridlington a couple of years back,top class,and they always ,give tribute to the original members and disclose many facts ect,top singers ,who always respect there past singers,