Scanner's Twain Source

My HP C5280 has been working as printer and scanner for two years now. Suddenly my pc tells me it cannot open the scanner software because there is no TWAIN source.  What does this mean? I noticed that the lack of TWAIN occurred just after Adobe Flash stopped supporting HP. Are these things connected?  What must I do to recover the TWAIN source?

It's not that "Adobe Flash stopped Supporting HP" it's that Flash is dead and gone, all support and anything using it is over/done/no longer working..

But basically, this is saying it cannot find/load/use the driver for the printer.... Check the HP site for driver updates or something...

Rip out / Uninstall any existing HP software/drivers, and install new one from the website....

Windows 10 no longer supports Twain, but there is a workaround:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/twain-drivers/f45625ae-896b-431c-966e-574d27b9f9cf

If with the workaround you still have issues you could take a look at Vuescan. I purchased this as the software on Linux would not pick up the scanner. I do have the Linux driver from Canon that works but it has a very limited interface. You can download a trial version of the software that places a watermark of any thing scanned. And it's a one-off payment as all updates are free.

"I remembered VueScan. Found it, downloaded the trial version, and my old EPSON 1200 scanner WORKED again. Wow, a purchase made in 2003, works on a PC with an operating system that doesn't exist in 2003. 17 YEARS later! And that for a very small amount of money."

It's not that small any more but it does work really well and you get notified of updates to the software if there is any when you launch the application. And you are not limited to using it on one computer.

https://ibb.co/pKRGr0Q

Thanks everyone. But my HP printer C5280 isn't on this list andysym so I'm trying to download a driver from the HP website Ghozer. Vuescan thinks it downloaded something to me yesterday so I'm looking for it swarfendor437. 

No luck so far so I will try to buy an installation disc. What are the chances of finding one?  I sometimes have a problem with my Epson sx118 printer's scanner but when I run its installation disc the problem goes away. I'm hoping the same thing would happen with an HP installation disc. Am I being reasonable with this?  I used the HP printer doctor free download and with its help I managed to get the scanner to work but as soon as I tried to scan without the doctor it didn't work. I was hoping the doctor would fix the problem but it didn't. Any idea why not?

Edited by woolyhead

7 hours ago, woolyhead said:

No luck so far so I will try to buy an installation disc. What are the chances of finding one?  I sometimes have a problem with my Epson sx118 printer's scanner but when I run its installation disc the problem goes away. I'm hoping the same thing would happen with an HP installation disc. Am I being reasonable with this?  I used the HP printer doctor free download and with its help I managed to get the scanner to work but as soon as I tried to scan without the doctor it didn't work. I was hoping the doctor would fix the problem but it didn't. Any idea why not?

Just done a search to see if VueScan is compatible/will work with C5280 - if it would work with the Linux version of the Software it most certainly would work with the Windows version:

https://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/hp_photosmart_c5280.html