R.I.P Peter Swan

So sad to hear of the passing of Peter, an outstanding and loyal servant of the Owls R.I.P Peter.

RIP fropm a Blade.

I'm sure he'll be remembered for one mistake. If that hadn't happened then today we would be paying tribute to a World Cup winner.

Gone, but certainly not forgotten, as they say.

God speed.

One of my Owl heroes from the 60's.

Thanks, Peter.

As said above, should have been a World Cup winner.

Wonderful Centre Half.

R.I.P Swanny.

Condolences to family and friends.

Swanny was my all time footballing hero. As a youngster  I watched him from the kop.

In later years read his book and it appears  that all they were guilty of was having a bet

RIP peter thanks for the memories.

A PROPER CENTRE HALF.

R.I.P. Swanny.

I’ve seen nothing on Look North or Calendar about his death.

A tremendous centre half in the days when teams only had one. It's possible he could have been in the World Cup winning side, but in all honesty I think Jack's goal scoring would have given him the edge.

RIP Swanny.

so sad to lose you,only saw you a few times,but you were a hero of hillsbrough in the 60s,RIP PETER  you are sadly missed

Very sad when I heard of the passing of Peter Swan.  He was probably the best centre half I have ever seen. He would have been a regular for England had it not been for illness at the start  of the 1962 world Cup finals where he was replaced by Maurice Norman of Spurs. No disrespect to Maurice Norman ( who was very good ) but he was not in the same class as Swanny. Norman seemed to fit in the side and kept his place. Then  of course came the bribes scandal.  Peter always denied being bribed or deliberately throwing the match against Ipswich Town.  He always maintained that he and the others concerned only placed a bet on a football match. People will always have their own opinions on the matter. To me he was perfection on the field of play and  no other centre half since has excited me as Peter did.   R.I.P. Peter