Freedom Of Information

Could anyone advise if asking the council under the freedom of information act,

"if any part or remainder of the grant money supplied by central government for the last lockdown in November was returned to central government due to remaining unclaimed"

Would this be a valid request and under the FOI they would have to answer?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated 👍

1 hour ago, marketman said:

Could anyone advise if asking the council under the freedom of information act,

"if any part or remainder of the grant money supplied by central government for the last lockdown in November was returned to central government due to remaining unclaimed"

Have you thought about asking this forum, guys?

It would help if you specify which grant money, when did the Government give this money to local authorities, is that all local authorities?

40 minutes ago, enntee said:

I didn't return any grant money.

I was talking to a relative about money given to businesses and then they are thinking about going bust and not paying the £10,000 back.

In the big scheme of millions spent on COVID, sole traders taking advantage of Government money is peanuts.

I was also heard about the money spent on flood defences someplace in North yorkshire. They built a wall. It cost £60 million. I wonder was it put out to tender, or did it go to one of Boris's chumocracy friends?

Can I find out under freedom of information?

Edited by Anna B

21 hours ago, Anna B said:

I was also heard about the money spent on flood defences someplace in North yorkshire. They built a wall. It cost £60 million. I wonder was it put out to tender, or did it go to one of Boris's chumocracy friends?

Why not go ahead and ask? You won't know what the reply will be until after you ask!

Easier to ask one of your local councillors.

22 hours ago, Anna B said:

Yes you can make the request by either a simple letter or email to the authority, making it clear that you're submitting your question in FOI grounds.  As long as it meets the criteria, (see post 2), you'll be entitled to a response.  Just ask if it was put out to tender & who won?

You'll be able to find the local authority's Chief Exec or council leader from a simple Internet search.   Let us know how you get on?