Hallamshire Hospital Car Park

Dora anybody knows if the lockdown has made it easier/quicker to park at Hallamshire hospital?

I went just before Christmas at around 2.30 PM on a weekday and got parked ok. It was free as well 👌

I went last Friday. It was very quiet. Got parked on the ground floor and only about 6 other cars there. As gluedtopc said it's still free. There is a cafe open in the main area as well.

I went week before Christmas and carpark was full and that was at 9am.

Probably because it was free and people parked there and went to do their xmas shopping.

12 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

Probably because it was free and people parked there and went to do their xmas shopping.

Agreed, sadly.

What sort of person does that kind of thing?

The car park is supposed to be free of use for NHS staff only, currently under covid restrictions. Hence the staff ID spot checks in the morning when the barriers are raised. If you can't produce one, you won't be let in.

Unfortunately, as with everything, it has been abused, and yes people were observed parking and the walking off down West Street, presumedly shopping etc.

15 minutes ago, sheffandy said:

The car park is supposed to be free of use for NHS staff only, currently under covid restrictions. Hence the staff ID spot checks in the morning when the barriers are raised. If you can't produce one, you won't be let in.

Unfortunately, as with everything, it has been abused, and yes people were observed parking and the walking off down West Street, presumedly shopping etc.

Due to Covid restrictions the barriers are up all the time now and there is no charge for patients parking. This also applies to the Weston Park Hospital and Rotherham hospital. ( I assume all the others as well). Unfortunately there will always be people who see it as an opportunity to get something for nothing. 

The problem at the moment ( and it's happening at the Northern General) is that people think it's ok to park in disabled spaces when other spaces are full. It's not fair on elderly people and people that struggle to walk to deny them these spaces.