What's Your Definition Of Elderly?

30 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Got the letter to apply for my Old Age Pension the other day.

I'll be chopping best part of six hundredweight of wood tomorrow.

Then I'll take it easy for a while.

Following the sentiment of this thread welcome to receiving your State Retirement Pension. If you’re chopping that amount of wood I don’t think there’s anything ‘old age’ about you 

2 minutes ago, catmiss said:

Following the sentiment of this thread welcome to receiving your State Retirement Pension. If you’re chopping that amount of wood I don’t think there’s anything ‘old age’ about you 

You don't know how long I'll be taking it easier for after................

Still recovering from trimming 300 yards of hedge in December.

"What's Your Definition Of Elderly?" 

If you answer yes to the following?  Do you want me to help you to the day room? 

I know people in their 80's who can give me a run for my money in my early 60's.  On the reverse side, I've come across people in their 20's who act older then me.  

As long as you have your health, it's all about attitude & how you actually view yourself.    Additionally, try & surround yourself & involve yourself with people who have an upbeat view of life. 

Edited by Baron99

Good health, keeping active mentally and physically, and a positive attitude are all pluses for ageing well.  In my 70s, I've missed seeing family and friends  in lockdown, I've also missed fitness sessions in the pool, and my shifts in a charity shop.   I kept busy in the better weather in the garden.  

I'm gobsmacked that older people's housing is often advertised for over 55s! That's only a few years older than my children, and by nowadays standards middle aged.