Everton V Sheffield Wednesday Fa Cup

1 hour ago, St Petre said:

Yes it was Andy Burgin with the own goal (I think it was in the last couple of minutes) in the draw at Goodison Park. I believe Fred  Pickering might have got more than one goal in the Hillsborough replay. Kenny Burton and his brother Geoff -I used to hang around with in those days- I think made his debut until the 1969-70 season and we all know what happened at the end of that.

Wasn't  a young Wilf Smith the regular right back in early 1965  (taking over from Peter Johnson) ? Perhaps  Wilf was injured that day.

Wilf Smith played in both cup games that season.

11 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Wilf Smith played in both cup games that season.

Akex, perhaps Don Megson was missing then ?

37 minutes ago, St Petre said:

Akex, perhaps Don Megson was missing then ?

Johnson wasn't playing, Megson played in both games.

1 minute ago, Alextopman said:

Johnson wasn't playing, Megson played in both games as far as I know Springett only played in one cup game that season.

3 hours ago, St Petre said:

Wasn't  a young Wilf Smith the regular right back in early 1965  (taking over from Peter Johnson) ? Perhaps  Wilf was injured that day.

The line up in the programme was:

Springett, Hill, Megson, Eustace, Mobley, Smith, Finney, Quinn, Hickton, Fantham, Dobson.

2 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

The line up in the programme was:

Springett, Hill, Megson, Eustace, Mobley, Smith, Finney, Quinn, Hickton, Fantham, Dobson.

Roy McClaren played in one of them it was his last game for Wednesday.

The missing full back was Brian Hill.

Edited by Alextopman

Back on topic.   It,s the F.A cup and as we know anything can happen.  On form it,s a home win  and the "anything can happen"is stretched even further in these unprecedented times,  empty grounds, odd team selections, VAR when it suits, could even prove to be a level playing field.  If Everton decide to field a weaken side and we can put together  a team  that competes on the day we may just  get an unexpected result.  No doubt even if they do put out a weakened team the big guns will be on the bench in waiting.   At best i can see us taking the lead  the big guns coming on for the last half hour and it,s all hands to the pumps, as the saying goes, and row z  gets it,s share of the ball. Just maybe i can dream and we win 1-0,  funnier things have happened  it,s the F.A CUP AFTER ALL.

i will put us down to lose and the opposite will work,i hope?

A result similar to the game below would be good, well we can dream can't we? 😄

Edited by iansheff

that reminds me nobodys mention that top player for our manager ,add carboni as assistant and that would ruffle feathers to say the least,but nice one ian great days,i want them back and theres thousands more also,thanks for the memory.

6 hours ago, bassett one said:

that reminds me nobodys mention that top player for our manager ,add carboni as assistant and that would ruffle feathers to say the least,but nice one ian great days,i want them back and theres thousands more also,thanks for the memory.

A mate sent it me this morning, was too good not to share.

Tonight's line up at Everton, debut for Green.

9iixSrcd?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by iansheff

I took the dog out when we went 1-0 down. Missed half-time, and by the time I got back it was 3.

Watched from then on, and commented to my wife that it resembled a game of 'walking football' for old 'uns!

I'd get shut of Brown before Bannan. Slow to react, absolutely rubbish when he did.

The whole team were outclassed.