Instant Karma

Hi all. Just thought I’d like to share something I saw back in September of last year. I know it’s a bit late but I didn’t really have any idea of a place to post this til now. Here goes. I was in town with my OH when we decided to grab some lunch from Greggs on Angel Street. While waiting in the queue outside there was a bit of an altercation. An old homeless guy had wandered out of the shop clutching a pack of obviously stolen buns and a young guy also in the queue had challenged him. The young guy politely told him to hand the buns over and put them back on a table in the shop. The old guy started to shuffle off, the young guy stopped him and asked if he was hungry and if so what would he like. The old guy asked for a cheese bake and the young guy said he would buy him one and a drink. The young guy ordered food and drink for himself and the old guy but when he tried to hand over a tenner the shop staff flatly refused payment. The lad and the old guy both got to eat for free. In my opinion the lad was a credit to his family and the shop staff were a credit to their company.

2 hours ago, Jim117 said:

Hi all. Just thought I’d like to share something I saw back in September of last year. I know it’s a bit late but I didn’t really have any idea of a place to post this til now. Here goes. I was in town with my OH when we decided to grab some lunch from Greggs on Angel Street. While waiting in the queue outside there was a bit of an altercation. An old homeless guy had wandered out of the shop clutching a pack of obviously stolen buns and a young guy also in the queue had challenged him. The young guy politely told him to hand the buns over and put them back on a table in the shop. The old guy started to shuffle off, the young guy stopped him and asked if he was hungry and if so what would he like. The old guy asked for a cheese bake and the young guy said he would buy him one and a drink. The young guy ordered food and drink for himself and the old guy but when he tried to hand over a tenner the shop staff flatly refused payment. The lad and the old guy both got to eat for free. In my opinion the lad was a credit to his family and the shop staff were a credit to their company.

Agree entirely - good that there's still the basic humanitarian spirit around in Sheffield!

17 hours ago, Jim117 said:

this is a lovely story, thank you for sharing 

Enjoyed that,  human nature at its best

it proves kindness ,is still around in this world,nice story thanks for sharing it.