Swfc Sign Andre Green

just signed a ex villa winger  andre green any idea of how good?

Edited by nikki-red

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

just signed a ex villa winger  andre green any idea of how good?

Somebody seems to like him. From the Birmingham Mail:

Here's how Villa supporters reacted after Green was announced as Sheffield Wednesday's new No.16:

@mg_ashmore: Congrats! Best of luck, hope you help them climb up the table. UTV.

@ColinCahalane: Delighted for @ AndreGreen getting a club finally. A great talent. Best of luck.

@OmarHolte: Good luck @ AndreGreen You were always good enough. Would love to see you come back to Villa one day. Such a shame but that's football. Will always remember your header v Sheffield Utd 90+4, 3-3.

@seanlangley: Take care of him. Good luck.

@christianjones8: Never understood why we didn’t keep him on.

@theretroboot: Will 100% keep an eye on how Andre gets on at Sheff Wed! A player that I wanted to make the cut at Villa so badly but wasn’t meant to be! Good luck @ AndreGreen_

@boysie366baldo: Good luck Andre!!! All the best... Sheffield Weds fans you got a great player on his day!! Hope he works out like Barry Bannan has done for you guys... Good luck.

@compsavfc: Treat him well lads, he’s a top player I’m sure he’ll do well for you.

@beds_villafan: So happy to see you signed to a decent club! All the best André.

@Brad8926: Congratulations Andre. Hope you smash it up there.

@sebavfc: Gutted things didn’t work out for him at Villa, will always love him for that beauty of a goal against Norwich and the renowned O’Connells mistake. Good move for him though.

all sounds great,but why is green being let go ,is it he isnt good enough for the premier?

He'll be an instant Hero at Hillsborough because he scored the last of his two goals for Villa against the Blades.

He's been out on loan a lot but doesn't seem to have got much game time.

44 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

He'll be an instant Hero at Hillsborough because he scored the last of his two goals for Villa against the Blades.

14 hours ago, bassett one said:

all sounds great,but why is green being let go ,is it he isnt good enough for the premier?

I had a beer with him on an Emirates flight a few weeks after the play-off final, a nice down to earth guy.

I asked him if he was looking forward to the Premier League and he laughed and said seeing how he’d read Villa had signed 2 wingers he wasn’t sure.

I would have thought someone would have taken him last season but assume it was better for him to stay at Villa financially and see out his contract.

15 hours ago, bassett one said:

Read the comments from Villa fans. I think the telling phrase is ‘great player on his day’. We’ve had a few like that down the years.

its okay signing players,and renewing contracts ect,but that means all these players signed,but what about the new manager,what happens if the players signed are not his type,then we end up with another problem,players under contract and our new man wanting replacements.could cause problems agree?

20 hours ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Marriotts coming back as well.

That's because Derby cannot pay his wages

lets hope the new manager likes the idea ,his team have been signed for him in advance?

Worth a punt I think, especially on a free.  Would prefer the new manager making his own signings but can't wait around and risk missing out on them. I'd of hoped Thompson was at least consulted on it but we need extra bodies in regardless