The Pembrokeshire Murders.

Best thing I’ve seen on tv for ages. Based on a true story. Superb acting !

I really enjoyed this too.  Lots of twists.  There's a follow up programme on tonight at 9pm on ITV1

6 minutes ago, jane2008 said:

I really enjoyed this too.  Lots of twists.  There's a follow up programme on tonight at 9pm on ITV1

Oh, didn’t know about the follow up programme. They say fact is more interesting than fiction. How true this is.

59 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I agree Patricia I’m no Kieth Allen fan he’s a good actor but I’ve heard not a nice guy still got last nights to watch today it has indeed been the best thing on for ages why didn’t they put it on at Christmas ?

39 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

I agree Patricia I’m no Kieth Allen fan he’s a good actor but I’ve heard not a nice guy still got last nights to watch today it has indeed been the best thing on for ages why didn’t they put it on at Christmas ?

I was reading that the actor who played the main detective says that the true story was even more gruesome than the tv version.

9 hours ago, pattricia said:

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Had quite a few holidays and coast path walks in Pembrokeshire in the 80's and 90's - fortunately not in the Milford Haven area.

Edited by Longcol

20 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Had quite a few holidays and coast path walks in Pembrokeshire in the 80's and 90's - fortunately not in the Milford Haven area.

Wales is about the only place I haven’t been to.

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

Wales is about the only place I haven’t been to.

Pembrokeshire is similar to Cornwall but without the crowds - and a lot more sheep.

7 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Pembrokeshire is similar to Cornwall but without the crowds - and a lot more sheep.

Sounds a nice place.

I remember the Coastal Path Murders ( although I didn’t realise they were so long ago), and it changed my mind about wanting to have a walking holiday there. Until this programme aired I honestly didn’t know that someone had been convicted and jailed not only for these murders, but others, too.  Might sound stupid but I felt a sense of relief even though I will probably now never get the opportunity to walk the Coastal Path.

There are quite a few true life murders on later in the evening. One last night was really gruesome called The Canal Murders. He chopped all these bodies up and they found them in bits in the canal. I often wonder if some detectives suffer from PTSD after questioning murderers.