RIP SF Admin Mort

Only met Mort a couple of times at old meets and events, always seemed nice and friendly, tho never afraid to speak her mind :)

I’m sure it was Mort who use to post good and sensible help on the Disability and Carers thread.

RIP Mort.

I found Mort's  presence on Sheffield Forum to be reassuring. Something that went beyond "Admin".

I can't believe I missed this thread until today. This is really sad news. My condolences to all her friends and relatives. Hopefully she has gone to a better place.

Thank you Mort for keeping us all in check.

Some very touching messages on here. I never had the opportunity to meet Mort, but it's obvious that she was very well liked and, of course, will be missed.

I was always a little intrigued by her avatar! Do any of her fellow mods know the 'meaning' - if any - behind the choice?

I met her a few times at the old meets, she certainly was a character! Always made me laugh!

Sadly missed, my thoughts with all who knew her

RIP Mort

x

3 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

Some very touching messages on here. I never had the opportunity to meet Mort, but it's obvious that she was very well liked and, of course, will be missed.

I was always a little intrigued by her avatar! Do any of her fellow mods know the 'meaning' - if any - behind the choice?

She liked the Bane character in the Batman movie The Dark Knight Rises & she had cats that she was very fond of, so the avatar was a mash up

In case you were wondering where the name Mort comes from, it's short for Morticia from the Addams Family, she always saw herself as tall, thin, elegant & carrying a large axe

I miss her terribly

17 minutes ago, esme said:

She liked the Bane character in the Batman movie The Dark Knight Rises & she had cats that she was very fond of, so the avatar was a mash up

In case you were wondering where the name Mort comes from, it's short for Morticia from the Addams Family, she always saw herself as tall, thin, elegant & carrying a large axe

I miss her terribly

Yes, thank you - enntee dropped me a PM earlier about the source of the design.

Love the 'tall, thin, elegant and carrying a large axe' image!

A Lizzie Borden in the making!

1 hour ago, esme said:

I miss her terribly

Some of that I didn't even know!! Still keep thinking I'm going to see her pop up to say hi. 

This is sad news - Not been around here for a long time - certainly not since I was on the Admin team, sorry Medusa x

This is very sad news. I knew Mort well while she was living at "No. 10" with cats No-Eyes, Scargill and Snert. Sadly we lost touch in the early 90's.

It's a shock to hear of her death.

Rest in peace and travel safely old friend.