Bored With Repeats On Tv Now

49 minutes ago, iansheff said:

I didn't watch it I don't have a dog and the thought of watching someone groom dogs doesn't appeal, what next horses before they are entered into dressage events?

On another item bit off topic has anyone else seen that Classic children's TV drama Grange Hill has been slapped with a racist and offensive language warning on streaming service Britbox.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/tv/grange-hill-slapped-with-offensive-language-warning-as-it-launches-on-britbox/ar-BB1cL3ke?ocid=msedgntp

Horses have already been done several years back if I recall. There was some celebrity challenge show about dressage so you missed the boat with that one.

Yeah I know what you mean about those warnings. This is commonplace now on all the television. They've done it with what I would deem, in my old man status, relatively recent sitcoms too.   Comedies as recent as Father Ted, Benidorm, League of Gentleman, the royale family, The Inbetweeners and even teenage kids shows all have to now have what they call 'trigger warnings' of potential modern day offence, homophobic language, inappropriate behaviour, sexism or racial slurs.

If you really want to get fascinated by the extent of it you should have a look up at some of the BBFC and and Ofcom reports that have to be applied to every show and film broadcast.  You should see the amount of intimate detail they have to go into to as to the nature of various references, frequency and quotations of what is said and how it may be interpreted.  

To think it's some poor soul's job to sit there for hours on end and each day day watching these things and going into forensic detail as to what could be deemed a trigger

What is it is tempting to go into the default position of ".....it's all such woke nonsense....", the fact is we are  living in the litigious, polarised and volitile world  and I'm well aware of the consequences of how things change, what is deemed acceptable and the repercussions at stake.

13 hours ago, pattricia said:

And still the repeats continue !

.....so does the virus, restrictions, rules and lockdowns.

Doesn't make for easy filming and production of television shows that require anything more than an absolutely skeleton crew and the controlled confine of a fixed studio set. 

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

Doesn't make for easy filming and production of television shows that require anything more than an absolutely skeleton crew and the controlled confine of a fixed studio set. 

And the need to fill a huge amount of TV time, as compared to the 3 or 4 channels we used to have. I would think that if we totted up all the new programming, including Sky, Netflix, Amazon et al, and took off the rose-tinted glasses, we would find that there's far more new stuff on the TV now.

3 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

I understand.

Never mind, licence fees are going up, we can have more cooking & woke programmes in future

2 hours ago, pintor said:

Never mind, licence fees are going up, we can have more cooking & woke programmes in future

Yeah, it's up by £1.50.