Bored With Repeats On Tv Now

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

What is a DAB radio ?

Digital radio. Looks like a normal one but you get much more stations.

But you'd like podcasts. Hundreds of true crime ones on Spotify etc.

1 hour ago, iansheff said:

The new programmes are not much better, who thought up Pooch Perfect?

I don't know.   But whoever it was, they certainly know what they're doing as they've already managed to sell it to the BBC here and to the Disney owned ABC network in America and to Australia's channel 7 network all the space of a single year.

Anyway, people have been yearning for original ideas and original content.  You got it.  ......nobody promised it would be good 😁

Edited by ECCOnoob

If we lose the BBC we will live to regret it.  Where else do you get unbiased political coverage?????  Or is that a conspiracy theory?

2 hours ago, AKAMD said:

If we lose the BBC we will live to regret it.  Where else do you get unbiased political coverage?????  Or is that a conspiracy theory?

I agree. 

Bear in mind that Rupert Murdoch's GB News is coming to a TV station near us very soon.

17 hours ago, AKAMD said:

All the more reason to protect the BBC!

Protect a company that put all it's best repeats on a paid service? Protect a company that used to have local news, now it's more of a vast area of the North. I have just paid my dues to the BBC but I'm thinking of calling it a day with live TV in general. I'm sure some like the cooking, selling, buying, dancing and soaps...not for me. Repeating these all the time just makes me want to push the 'cancel' button a bit more.

14 hours ago, pattricia said:

What is a DAB radio ?

Digital radio (Digital Audio Broadcasting)

You'll need a DAB radio to use the service. I have it in my car and it looks like it shows the channel and song playing etc. The sound does seem better, but that might just be me!

I wouldn't protect the BBC at all , it's pathetic now , trying to cater for the young ones who are more than likely not interested in it all .They are probably stuck to their games & phones rather than watching BBC 

10 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

I wouldn't protect the BBC at all , it's pathetic now , trying to cater for the young ones who are more than likely not interested in it all .They are probably stuck to their games & phones rather than watching BBC 

Unless you're thinking "young" is people in their 50s a d 60s, that's just nonsense. Look at what the presenters of radio 2 get paid!

As for standards of programs on any channel nowadays they are mostly rubbish in my view; I've no time for soaps, reality programs, comedy (?) and few game shows are worth watching.  But the BBC does politics well, current affairs, history and some decent drama.  Then there's the Parliament channel.  The BBC has also come up with the goods for home-schooling now the government have realized yet another catastophic blunder.  To those of you who are indifferent to, or resent paying for the BBC, you don't know what you got until you lose it!

7 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Unless you're thinking "young" is people in their 50s a d 60s, that's just nonsense. Look at what the presenters of radio 2 get paid!

No I am proper young ones , I am sure they are not interested & I agree , the presenters get paid far too much . Look at Gary Linekar for a start 

On 13/01/2021 at 18:31, iansheff said:

The new programmes are not much better, who thought up Pooch Perfect?

Had the misfortune to catch part of the first broadcast.

Pretty dire, wasn't it?!

Decided to miss the second episode.

I didn't watch it I don't have a dog and the thought of watching someone groom dogs doesn't appeal, what next horses before they are entered into dressage events?

On another item bit off topic has anyone else seen that Classic children's TV drama Grange Hill has been slapped with a racist and offensive language warning on streaming service Britbox.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/tv/grange-hill-slapped-with-offensive-language-warning-as-it-launches-on-britbox/ar-BB1cL3ke?ocid=msedgntp

Edited by iansheff