Bored With Repeats On Tv Now

Anyone else getting fed up with all the repeats of repeats of repeats on TV .  I know it's difficult times right now for people working at the TV Stations , but surely there are some programs we haven't seen yet ,or find some from the archives .  Going to have to get my Netflix sorted now 😆

Netflix is filled with repeats too so you may be disappointed. 

It's one of the biggest scams about these glossy sold shiny streaming services. People forget that  beneath the handful of big-budget original content used in their promotions, a big majority of their archive is rerun versions of programmes already shown on terrestrial television here and in the States.

Has anyone noticed some of the repeats  have been relabelled as Classic i.e. Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Casualty, Holby and Eastenders.

On 5USA they have Columbo on Sundays all day and if they weren't on the previous week they were probably on the week before. 

ITV 3 has been running Heartbeat for years, the same can be said about Midsomer Murders to some extent. The Sony channel have been running MASH for years as soon as it gets to the final episode it starts again from the beginning.

3 hours ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Anyone else getting fed up with all the repeats of repeats of repeats on TV .  I know it's difficult times right now for people working at the TV Stations , but surely there are some programs we haven't seen yet ,or find some from the archives .  Going to have to get my Netflix sorted now 😆

Yes, I’m also getting fed up of the repeats. To make it worse when a new factual programme comes on eg: Hospitals, murders, Police chases, which are my favourites , they are on different channels but all AT THE SAME TIME !   9pm !! ! 

Edited by pattricia

Oh yes ,I agree pattricia , that is so frustrating , when at last there is something to watch , there they all together .Annoying 😄

3 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Netflix is filled with repeats too so you may be disappointed. 

It's one of the biggest scams about these glossy sold shiny streaming services. People forget that  beneath the handful of big-budget original content used in their promotions, a big majority of their archive is rerun versions of programmes already shown on terrestrial television here and in the States.

I have to say , I  have had Netflix for a while & never used it . Heard good & bad things about it 

1 hour ago, iansheff said:

Has anyone noticed some of the repeats  have been relabelled as Classic i.e. Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Casualty, Holby and Eastenders.

On 5USA they have Columbo on Sundays all day and if they weren't on the previous week they were probably on the week before. 

ITV 3 has been running Heartbeat for years, the same can be said about Midsomer Murders to some extent. The Sony channel have been running MASH for years as soon as it gets to the final episode it starts again from the beginning.

Channel 5 are the worse for that. They will blatantly re-title and re-voice entire shows to try to fob them off as new content.

I seen it a few times now where a programme shown a few years ago such as the Paul O'Grady Story is suddenly repurposed as "Comedy Legends: Paul O'Grady" with exactly the same Talking Heads, running order and clip contents but with a different voice over blatantly reading the identical script to the previous voice over.

If they are going to run repeats they need to at least be honest about it. People should have the courtesy of knowing what they are getting.

Its exactly the same scam that all of the streaming services pull when they are bragging about their "range of content" and the amount of "hours" worth of viewing they have at the click of a button, conveniently omitting to say that most of it is already been on TV for years.

yes we need new programes and once this is over,we hope we can get back ,our new programes and leave repeats to more of a choice,than nothing else.

All the more reason to protect the BBC!

1 hour ago, AKAMD said:

All the more reason to protect the BBC!

The BBC are one of the worst for repeats.   Have been for years !!

Since getting my DAB radio, I rarely watch TV now. I do like my snooker, and occasional drama though.

Radio 4 and Radio 4 extra is good, LBC is pretty good too. Not many repeats!

52 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Since getting my DAB radio, I rarely watch TV now. I do like my snooker, and occasional drama though.

Radio 4 and Radio 4 extra is good, LBC is pretty good too. Not many repeats!

What is a DAB radio ?

3 hours ago, francypants said:

The BBC are one of the worst for repeats.   Have been for years !!

The new programmes are not much better, who thought up Pooch Perfect?