Where To Buy A Psu In Sheffield

Is there any pc shops im and around s5 that sell psu power supply for pc 

Currys seems to be only place and there all out of stock needing a 750w modular gold rated 

Edited by grand

If so, doubt they are open under lockdown.  Usual advice - ebay, amazon....

You will struggle to find one in a brick and mortar store, especially at the moment..

you may even struggle finding one at a decent price, and in stock online.. many PC components at the moment are in short supply and high cost....

I also need one, and am resorting to repairing an old(er) one I have instead of purchasing a new one.. (mostly due to cost, partly due to time)

6 hours ago, Ghozer said:

You will struggle to find one in a brick and mortar store, especially at the moment..

You'd have thought so, wouldn't you?!

Can't help with your PC bits, but if you're after a shop selling cushions and the like, or a greetings card with a small gift, or want your chainsaw blade sharpening, I've seen 'em all open today!

This so-called lockdown's being treated as a bit of a joke.

1 hour ago, RiffRaff said:

You'd have thought so, wouldn't you?!

Can't help with your PC bits, but if you're after a shop selling cushions and the like, or a greetings card with a small gift, or want your chainsaw blade sharpening, I've seen 'em all open today!

This so-called lockdown's being treated as a bit of a joke.

You seem to  have missed my point.... it wasn't that shops aren't open, it's that stock is low and short supply EVERYWHERE, so unlikely you will find any in actual stores... just like being hard to find online.

10 hours ago, Ghozer said:

You seem to  have missed my point.... it wasn't that shops aren't open, it's that stock is low and short supply EVERYWHERE, so unlikely you will find any in actual stores... just like being hard to find online.

No, totally got your point... I was incorporating Thirsty Relic's point about the shops (supposedly) being shut due to you-know-what, but mentioning that there seem to be two definitions of the word "shut" at present! 

have you tried PC Techniques at wadsley bridge?

not sure if they are open or not. can try ringing to see if they are open and ask if they have what you want.

i believe they sell both new and used.

Ebuyer has got a 750W Gold Thermaltake in stock and reduced in price:

https://www.ebuyer.com/982576-thermaltake-rome-750w-psu-80-gold-rated-w0494re

I had to buy a 650W Thermaltake from Scan last year whilst awaiting for a warranty replacement from CoolerMaster. Most now offer 10 year guarantees whereas before it was 5.

Edited by swarfendor437