Coventry City V Sheffield Wednesday

the length of contract,the latest car and the huge wages ,padders are the top 3 things a footballer thinks of normally,they seem never to want to do more than they have to,but many are decent,but if you dont do your do homework before your team signs them,you dont know what you have until its to late.

7 hours ago, Padders said:

BUT WHY,

CW's team lose week in week out (up till last night) and yet their supporters praise them week in week out.

Blades are just not good enough for the prem, but what they do is run their socks off and TRY their best.

For some reason the Owls have no fight, don't seem bothered, nobody minds losing if their team gives 100%.

What is wrong at Hillsboro, nobody knows the answer, so frustating.

The club is an absolute shambles lurching from one disaster to another its bound to filter down to the players.

Uniteds fans have slated their team after a few performances this season, the recent one against Palace for example.

9 hours ago, Padders said:

BUT WHY,

CW's team lose week in week out (up till last night) and yet their supporters praise them week in week out.

Blades are just not good enough for the prem, but what they do is run their socks off and TRY their best.

For some reason the Owls have no fight, don't seem bothered, nobody minds losing if their team gives 100%.

What is wrong at Hillsboro, nobody knows the answer, so frustating.

Each player and team is tracked in the prem for the amount of miles they run in a game and the stats back up what you are saying about United..

The last time i saw the table only  Leeds had covered more ground this season.

Its not for want of trying, despite what some are claiming.The problem has been we have been clueless in front of goal, hopeless at the back and the midfield keeps giving the ball away:)

On 28/01/2021 at 14:40, Padders said:

Good post Hots.

It's the attitudes I don't get.

You and I both played football as young lads,

I was very average, but I tell you what, when I walked on to that pitch, only one thing mattered, WINNING !

Every other problem I had in life went out of the window, my mindset was winning on that football pitch.

If we lost my weekend was ruined.

I've always taken it for granted that all professional footballers were the same.

Evidently not.

It's like this Padders. I've got blue and white blood. Just say I'm a Pro footballer and I sign for Rochdale. With the best intentions, after a while, I settle in, the £5k a week is ok, and I don't really give a proper stuff if Rochdale do well or not. (I've got a 1st class attitude by the way, and WOULD give Rochdale 100% every game). I understand why some players just do enough, the Car and the Bookies are far more important. Then I sign for Birmingham. Same. I move to Bournemouth. Same. And another club. And another club. Then Wednesday come in for me. Wow! What a player! How've we got him for £2m? Under Ron Atkinson, all the players played like they were Wednesday fans. What a side. Wilder's done the same at United (and previous clubs) but has now hit a bad patch. Wednesday have maybe 2 or 3  WAWAW players. The rest want to sign for Liverpool, or their home club. Just enough effort (sometimes) but more often, not even that.

The  £15k a weeks alright though, so they'll hang around.