How Can You Bid For House Without Interent Access

She was  offered no help whatsover or anyadvice, solution or referral for her problem. I have done abit of searching for her and written some advice and contacts so we will see how it goes. 

Many thanks

On 08/01/2021 at 10:21, soopah said:

I don't buy age as an issue tbh.  If Firethorn1's mum is currentl 82, she'd have been in her 50's in the 90s.  Computers were prevalent even then albeit a little on the expensive side.  But they have been in mainstream use for over 20 years.  Same with smartphones,  they've been around for about 20 years too. First generation of modern smartphone came out in 2008, she'd have been 60ish.  None of this is new technology.  In all that time, it's been incredibly obvious that this is the way everything is going, and they've done the self defeating thing of refusing to use a computer.

I think it's a pretty fair assumption by the council to assume that most people have access to a computer, or internet access and for the small percentage that don't, someone that can help do it with them.

They would probably need a lot of investment in people, wages all that jazz to help the small percentage of people who can't or won't be helped.

Not being able to afford it is another matter, but in my experience most of these families don't seem to have an issue affording their large TV's and whatever satellite subscription is popular today.
Those with larger families are definitely disadvantaged though, 3+ kids, who expects kids to have their own laptop?  Schools have a surplus that are currently not being used, they should be loaned out to people who need them.

Talking rubbish ....I deal with a lot of the older generation that don’t have computers or smart phones ....they dont understand them or have any interest in them .....be at least another 20 years until this generation is gone ...

12 hours ago, alarmingmark said:

Talking rubbish ....I deal with a lot of the older generation that don’t have computers or smart phones ....they dont understand them or have any interest in them .....be at least another 20 years until this generation is gone ...

And I deal with large amounts of the elderly who are perfectly computer literate and have no issues at all adapting to modern technology. Many absolutely love it. I was even involved in setting up care homes with computers and WiFi so they could communicate with their families under the old get connected scheme. So it must be you who is talking rubbish.

See how that works?

Edited by soopah

22 hours ago, alarmingmark said:

I'd be interested to know under what guise you deal with "a lot of the older generation" such that you think that they don't understand new technology. How many is a large number and how big of a proportion of the wider age demographic is this?

For instance, I deal with a group of around 2,000 people of whom 250 are over 70 and 90% of those have access to email so I'd be interested to have an indication of your experiences.