Lloyd's Chemist Charges For Prescription Delivery

Hi

Not sure if I'm worrying unduly. My 77 years old mum has been told by the chemist that she now has to pay 10 pounds to get each prescription delivered to her home. Has anyone else experienced this. I don't live close by so a bit difficult. Thank you 

9 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Hi

Not sure if I'm worrying unduly. My 77 years old mum has been told by the chemist that she now has to pay 10 pounds to get each prescription delivered to her home. Has anyone else experienced this. I don't live close by so a bit difficult. Thank you 

Was announced sometime ago that some chemist were to start charging. 

Caroline, have you tried asking a volunteer to collect your mums prescription? I think you should be able to get a list from your local council or your medical center. I tried using Lloyds Echo which I thought was a really good service. However I soon experienced problems with them, missing items etc so I went back to using my local pharmacy. I've seen that Boots and Co-op do a similar service so it might be worth your while giving them a go. Hope you get it sorted. 😃

Have a look on Facebook to see if there's a Covid Mutual Aid group. We have one in Stannington (Stannington (S6) COVID-19 Mutual Aid) that I set up and it's for volunteers to do things like collecting prescriptions.

2 hours ago, Caroline said:

Hi

Yes the charge for Lloyds pharmacy is £5 for a single delivery or you can pay £60 for the year or £30 for  6 months , you can have them delivered for free via an online pharmacy but take your chances if they get it right, my family have had to go back from online due to mix up of medication or even non delivery. I pay 6 monthly and dont have any problems at all

Thank you all for your replies they were very helpful 😁

Lo's Pharmacy delivers for free.

I live in Birdwell so my Lo's Pharmacy is in the Barnsley area.

A Google search finds 7 Lo's Pharmacies in Sheffield.

The Co-op are advertising a free delivery service on the telly. No experience of it but might be worth a look?

I’ve used Boots online since the beginning of the pandemic after local Boots wanted to charge £5 per item even though the government had stated those shielding should get free delivery. Mostly ok but very difficult to contact if there are problems 

On 07/01/2021 at 18:01, Rollypolly said:

Caroline, have you tried asking a volunteer to collect your mums prescription? I think you should be able to get a list from your local council or your medical center. I tried using Lloyds Echo which I thought was a really good service. However I soon experienced problems with them, missing items etc so I went back to using my local pharmacy. I've seen that Boots and Co-op do a similar service so it might be worth your while giving them a go. Hope you get it sorted. 😃

I have been using Echo for a couple of years after having problems with pharmacy2U. If there is a problem they always contact me including when my GP had put a medication I had not specifically requested on my prescription.  If I have had to contact them for any reason I have had a prompt and helpful reply.

13 hours ago, wornout53 said:

I have been using Echo for a couple of years after having problems with pharmacy2U. If there is a problem they always contact me including when my GP had put a medication I had not specifically requested on my prescription.  If I have had to contact them for any reason I have had a prompt and helpful reply.

That's very interesting wornout. I think it's the usual case of different people having different experiences. Mine was great the first couple of times but then they started saying the doctor hasn't sent the prescription when I knew they had. I eventually cancelled them when they said they hadn't got the prescription but I could see it was there on my account ready to be sent. I've been tempted to try another on line service but I'm loathe to after my experience with Echo. I'm glad you've been satisfied with them though because I think it could be a really good service.