Colin Bell - Man City

I read that Colin Bell has died. He was one hell of a footballer and that team he played in alongside Summerbee and Lee were one of the best I have seen !

I remember him as the crux of a very talented City side - he ran the midfield with a calm assurance, always available to take a pass, seemed effortlessly to find space and the best pass for teammates.  Got through a lot of work, yet never seemed flustered.  Pure class, yet often produced all this on pitches more like mudbaths than the bowling greens they play on now.

54 minutes ago, Runningman said:

I read that Colin Bell has died. He was one hell of a footballer and that team he played in alongside Summerbee and Lee were one of the best I have seen !

And all English.

RIP

Isn't it strange how the brain works!

with the first mention of Collin Bell mine reminds me of the late great Graham Haberfield (Chesterfield actor) who played Winston Platt the totally obsessed Colin Bell and Man City fan in the TV series 'The Dustbin Men'

Unfortunately Graham (Jerry Booth in Coronation St) died very young (33) 

RIP both of you.

Keep safe.

Sad to read some of the obituaries about him. As a Man U fan and only a child in the 70's he passed me by but the consensus seems to be he could have had a longer and more successful City and England career if it wasn't for a horror tackle by United's Martin Buchan.

On 06/01/2021 at 10:45, Rockers rule said:

Isn't it strange how the brain works!

with the first mention of Collin Bell mine reminds me of the late great Graham Haberfield (Chesterfield actor) who played Winston Platt the totally obsessed Colin Bell and Man City fan in the TV series 'The Dustbin Men'

Unfortunately Graham (Jerry Booth in Coronation St) died very young (33) 

RIP both of you.

Keep safe.

Same here - straight away  I thought Colin "Piggin'" Bell.

On 05/01/2021 at 23:19, Runningman said:

All signed from 2nd and 3rd Division sides - Bury, Swindon and Bolton. Skipper Tony Book spent most of his career playing non-league football for Bath.